Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tech_apple

macrumors member
May 22, 2016
I have that also on my iPhone 7+ 256GB. I think It can be a new animation for Setting that the only app that has a little black flash before going into the app.
[doublepost=1485309548][/doublepost]
Which iPhone are you using? Multi tasking is working fine for me
iphone 7 plus. If you are enable triple home button shortcut or set home button to slow in accessibility setting this bug is not occur. But i dont want to enable these settings so its very annoying.

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
Great first beta. I hope, Apple will keep that work up and performance will be get even better in following betas (faster animations, non-input blocking, stutter-free scrolling). But I also noticed that on my iPhone 6S the animations for open/close folders and open/close apps are slower than before. I hope, Apple fix this soon.
It'll be the new animations. No doubt they will refine them throughout the beta releases. The opening folder animation is smooth, but you're correct that its a much slower animation.

iToph

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2014
Has anyone experienced random shutdowns when having the iPhone in pocket? Happened to me 3-4 times today ... .-(

Reactions: Shirasaki

GreyOS

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2012
Question for anyone on Three UK trying this beta

Does 10.3 support native wifi calling?

For a while now, Three have indicated that native wifi calling is coming soon to iPhone. They have recently (within the last couple of weeks, as I check quite regularly) changed their web page on wifi calling, which makes me wonder if they are gearing towards release, possibly with 10.3? They also removed a reference to it coming to 'iPhone 7' and make it more general 'iPhone', so crossing my fingers they'll support my 6. But perhaps best to confirm with an iPhone 7?

http://www.three.co.uk/discover/Three_inTouch/ios-wifi-calling

SoN1NjA

macrumors 68020
Feb 3, 2016
Not sure if this is a new feature or not but if I'm on a website, specifically news websites, I hit the share button and one of the buttons says, "Open in News." News opens and shows a page based on that source such as CNN. This might have been before iOS 10.3 but I don't think I've seen it before.
Surprised nobody got back to you
No this isn't new
[doublepost=1485348715][/doublepost]I'm curious as to why anyone needs the modem firmware version

Last edited:

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
Question for anyone on Three UK trying this beta

Does 10.3 support native wifi calling?

For a while now, Three have indicated that native wifi calling is coming soon to iPhone. They have recently (within the last couple of weeks, as I check quite regularly) changed their web page on wifi calling, which makes me wonder if they are gearing towards release, possibly with 10.3? They also removed a reference to it coming to 'iPhone 7' and make it more general 'iPhone', so crossing my fingers they'll support my 6. But perhaps best to confirm with an iPhone 7?

http://www.three.co.uk/discover/Three_inTouch/ios-wifi-calling

Doesn't seem to be activated on my 6+.

Reactions: GreyOS

kave

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2012
Sweden
Using it on a iPad mini 4, I think it is a bit snappier than before :)
Any way to measure if the storage speed has improved since apfs?
I used PerformanceTest which indicated my ipad was much slower than their baseline.

bamf-hacker

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2012
Anyone else having an issue with Activity and achievement badges? My rings are completed but I am not getting the achievement badges.

ApexDE

macrumors regular
Nov 27, 2008
I will stay off the 10.3 beta train. Could someone please report the still existing iPaid Air2 Orientation bug with the Feedback App?
Thanks.

Crazy Badger

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2008
Scotland
I don't suppose they've 'fixed' the 'bug fix' introduced in 10.2 that makes a lovely black screen all grey?

download

deejaykorn

macrumors member
Nov 5, 2014
My MacBook Pro wasn't able to take advantage of the new feature until it was updated to 10.12.4, so it may be code specific to the version of iOS.
My IP5S is on 10.3 also. I dug around and according to Apple supports, phone to phone doesn't seem to be an option. That might be the problem.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
Using it on a iPad mini 4, I think it is a bit snappier than before :)
Any way to measure if the storage speed has improved since apfs?
I used PerformanceTest which indicated my ipad was much slower than their baseline.
I suspect storage speed is less if I understand what you are saying. According to the info from Apple at WWDC APFS focuses on latency verses write speed which should show a UI performance increase. This was explained in the developer session video if you are interested in more detail about APFS.

Reactions: Tycho24

SoN1NjA

macrumors 68020
Feb 3, 2016
I tried using that & iPWNStore. It installs 2 apps, the original app that I sideloaded & another blank app with numbers as its name. It won't delete no matter what. I guess it's because of Apple new file system?
Will try later today

Tycho24

Suspended
Aug 29, 2014
Florida
Are you freaking serious? Find my AirPods is the biggest update with iOS 10.3?! Such BULL****!

Lol, the introduction of a new file system, that has been written for the future... (almost a decade in the making) by THE top file system designer on the planet, who literally wrote the book (seriously... I think it's called something like "how to design modern file systems"), in which the change in file allocation tables already show 3gb more space available on my iPad (usually 121gb shown under "capacity", now 124gb- I guess the formatted capacity is now just greater), but you and I guess 8 other disgruntled readers get caught up on the AirPod feature??
Why do I really really really doubt that any of you are in any way related to "the developer community"??

Alex Florin

macrumors member
Mar 23, 2016
Romania
Lol, the introduction of a new file system, that has been written for the future... (almost a decade in the making) by THE top file system designer on the planet, who literally wrote the book (seriously... I think it's called something like "how to design modern file systems"), in which the change in file allocation tables already show 3gb more space available on my iPad (usually 121gb shown under "capacity", now 124gb- I guess the formatted capacity is now just greater), but you and I guess 8 other disgruntled readers get caught up on the AirPod feature??
Why do I really really really doubt that any of you are in any way related to "the developer community"??

Isn't the storage difference because of the cache clearence?

Edit: nevermind, I understand what you're saying.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.