Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jakeh9777

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 17, 2016
So I saw that the iPod touch 5th gen was on Apple's list for iOS 10 support then it disappeared a few days after. So I chatted with support because I wanted the beta and they felt sorry as I explained what happened. The told to summit feedback:

Apple Agent quote:
"I would also suggest leaving feedback about this at https://www.apple.com/feedback/, as the more feedback is left, the more our engineers and developers take it into account — And more likely that changes will be made"

It is kinda like a partition.
So anyone who wants iOS 10 on the iPod touch 5 just go to the link and provide feedback. Spread the word, More people the better.

With this information:
For Subject, write “iOS 10 Compatibility"
For Comments: you can write/leave any comment you wish, as honest feedback is the best feedback :).
Feedback Type: Software/Hardware Compatibility

jarodlee88

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2016
So I saw that the iPod touch 5th gen was on Apple's list for iOS 10 support then it disappeared a few days after. So I chatted with support because I wanted the beta and they felt sorry as I explained what happened. The told to summit feedback:

Apple Agent quote:
"I would also suggest leaving feedback about this at https://www.apple.com/feedback/, as the more feedback is left, the more our engineers and developers take it into account — And more likely that changes will be made"

It is kinda like a partition.
So anyone who wants iOS 10 on the iPod touch 5 just go to the link and provide feedback. Spread the word, More people the better.

With this information:
For Subject, write “iOS 10 Compatibility"
For Comments: you can write/leave any comment you wish, as honest feedback is the best feedback :).
Feedback Type: Software/Hardware Compatibility
I really doubt Apple will support any devices with the A5 processor as it is not fast enough. The iPad 2, iPad Mini and iPhone 4S has also been dropped with compatibility. The only thing similar with these devices is the A5 processor. So even if Apple decide to allow the iPod touch 5 to be updated to iOS 10, the experience wouldn't be amazing as the iPod touch 5 has been lagging since iOS 8. What I'm basically trying to say is that don't get your hopes up as it is unlikely that Apple will consider.

Reactions: PowerBook-G5

magicMac

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2010
UK
My iPhone 4S seemed very fast with iOS 5 and iOS 6. Dual core CPU and 7 times faster graphics over the iPhone 4. Times have changed at a software level though.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
That was basically a mistake on Apple website. And iOS 9 on iPad mini 1 is already Laggy enough so no thanks.

LovingTeddy

Suspended
Oct 12, 2015
Canada
A5 and iOS 10 just not going end up well. A5 devices are already struggle with iOS 9 and I don't think it will play well for Apple.

Math889

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2016
Ipod Touch 5 is not compatible ,A6 and newer. U may consider to buy an Ipod Touch 6

Jakeh9777

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 17, 2016
Well Apple just stucks at supporting iPod Touches in general because iPhones and iPads last longer than iPods. And also Apple could make the devices run smoothly but they want you to buy the newest device so they slowly slow it down each update and make it more buggy. The newest Android could run on the iPod touch fine. Won't be the best but still smooth. I would just of like the iPod touch 5th gen to have one last big update (on last round). Companies will please their customers if there is enough people to stand up to them and provide alot feedback.

profets

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
Pretty crazy to think that if Apple didn't get around to updating the iPod touch last year that there wouldn't be an iPod in the iOS 10 compatibility list:

d78js.png

I guess it shouldn't be surprising that the iPod isn't where their priority is.

jarodlee88

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2016
Well Apple just stucks at supporting iPod Touches in general because iPhones and iPads last longer than iPods. And also Apple could make the devices run smoothly but they want you to buy the newest device so they slowly slow it down each update and make it more buggy. The newest Android could run on the iPod touch fine. Won't be the best but still smooth. I would just of like the iPod touch 5th gen to have one last big update (on last round). Companies will please their customers if there is enough people to stand up to them and provide alot feedback.
Honestly? Imagine Windows 10 running on a Pentium 4 processor. That's basically what you're trying to say. Apple does not make its OS more buggy and slow, it's a hardware limitation. But I wouldn't blame Apple tbh. I have always said that the iPod 5th gen was never an ideal product to buy. With an out of date processor, no Touch ID and a lack of a good camera, why would anyone buy it? But since you've bought one, maybe it's time to sell it on the second market to either buy and iPhone or an android phone. I do not recommend you to buy an iPod as the iPod is not Apple's main focus anymore.

Reactions: profets

d5aqoëp

macrumors 68000
Feb 9, 2016
The support guy left a dangling carrot in front of you. HOPE is a 4 lettered work. If it has been announced and retracted, you can be damn sure that it's not coming ever.

Jakeh9777

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 17, 2016
OK... I bought my iPod before the 6th one came out. It looks like it's time. I might not buy any more iOS devices anymore from now on though. I like Macs, PC, Android, and Samsung. Maybe I just want iOS10 because I lost my iPod for 2 years in my basement. So I just thought it didn't have many updates. But it's Fine!

Also Windows 10 works great on older PCs than you think. I have tried it and it runs fine. But of course due to ram and stuff I can't do tons of things at once but it works.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.