Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

addicted44

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2005
you can also print stuff to non-airprint printers!! best os EVER

This, along with the keyboard shortcuts would have been Presented Features #1 and #2 in any other keynote.

I am really liking iCloud. If the rumors of Time Capsule being able to serve as a host to all your data are also true, then it will be fantastic. I would much rather host my data on my own server.

irwcll94

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2009
OH MY GOSH!!!! When you turn the phone on, the Apple logo animates :D It looks SO cool!

gstylez

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2007
Hmm I hope the next page of iCloud setup lets you choose what you want to sync

e.g. I would like to sync my contacts and emails etc but not pics, music to the iCloud.

Anybody confirm??

They could of chose better text for the reminders app icon, more business like instead of bread :D

Overall im impressed by what I have seen today, a huge catchup and any future improvements in the future will be awesome as I think they have nailed most here

I'm excited about iCloud and the new OS's but hoping that in the future you can specify what data per App you would like to sync with each device. For example on my iPhone I want all my contacts (family, work, clients, etc..) but maybe I only want family contacts on my iPad and on my Mac I can have all my contacts. The same with Photos... I only want certain photos from my iPhone to sync not ALL.
:apple:

Ashin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2010
All I care about is -

How fast is it, smooth animations etc
Battery life, is it worse or better than iOS4?

Dr Kevorkian94

macrumors 68020
Jun 9, 2009
SI, NY
When u sync there is circle arrows in the bar up top. after I resrored from my backup for some reason it says set up STILL and has the iPhone wallpaper, plus it is taking forever to put apps on uhhh

Dias

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2007
Is the new Lion beta available for everybody with Lion installed? I keep pressing Software Update but it keeps saying it's up to date... :confused:

MalcolmJID

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2005
England
Has anyone got this installed on a 3GS?

I really, really want to know if this is going to be a iOS4 on 3G type affair or if the 3GS really can handle the notifications etc!

FranksWildYears

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2010
I'm not fussed about bugs in iOS 5, but before I update I must ask the following....

Will I be able to keep my app data given that it requires a full install? I mean, can I make a backup of my current device before I do so, install iOS 5 and then restore to retain the data?

irwcll94

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2009
Will someone who has it installed give as status update or maybe post a YT video? I have a friend with a developer account and not sure if I want to have my UDID added onto the account to check it out. I know it's for 'developers' but I have used the system in the past and I'm familiar with it.

Can't... Under an NDA

Dr Kevorkian94

macrumors 68020
Jun 9, 2009
SI, NY
I'm not fussed about bugs in iOS 5, but before I update I must ask the following....

Will I be able to keep my app data given that it requires a full install? I mean, can I make a backup of my current device before I do so, install iOS 5 and then restore to retain the data?

Yes it's just like a regular restore, back up restore then restore from backup. You will have ur app data and when u sync everything will be in the same place u left it

budfoot

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2008
Boston, MA
Good to see that they finally came out with a new, innovative, fresh UI and got rid of that grid crap....^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H

WOOO, notifications like droids!

foobarbaz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2007
OMG. Umlauts keys on the German keyboard.
After all those years...

Plus, no more checkered screen on Safari on my first-gen iPad.

Dr Kevorkian94

macrumors 68020
Jun 9, 2009
SI, NY
Question, I've been downloading the new updates and once I have them I can't keep track of if they are cmda or gsm, will iTunes reject the update if it's wrong. I'm assuming it would but I don't want to mess my iPads up. And for some reason I'm looking in iTunes while my iPhone is syncing and for some reason there is a videos app like on an iPod touch?!??

Suspended
Jun 8, 2009
Kentucky, USA
What does opening a safari tab in the background mean? I don't understand that part at all
PS I wish i were a developer so I could have iOS 5 :''''''(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.