Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dhepayne

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 11, 2011
Hi guys i have a ipod touch 4g. i just download the GM version of Ios 5. The newstand,ichat and icloud isnt working. its greyed out and wifi sync isnt working properly. Will i be able to update when the original ios 5 releases tommorow.? or im stuck with this? HELP!

dhepayne

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 11, 2011
So if i click restore tommorow it will download the iOS 5 official one ? Correct me if im wrong. Im new to this ..

androiphone

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2009
So if i click restore tommorow it will download the iOS 5 official one ? Correct me if im wrong. Im new to this ..

yep as soon as it is officially released clicking 'restore' will download the firmware from apple and reflash it to the ipod touch.

dhepayne

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 11, 2011
Thanks man! I tried restoring now. it is telling There is a problem downloading the sofware for the ipod. The requested resource cant be found.

I thought of reverting back to 4.3.5 :(

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Thanks man! I tried restoring now. it is telling There is a problem downloading the sofware for the ipod. The requested resource cant be found.

I thought of reverting back to 4.3.5 :(

Download firmware for 4.3.5. (google something like ”iPod firmware 4.3.5”) then shift+restore (pc) or option+restore (Mac), and point iTunes to your downloads firmware.

JoeShades

macrumors 68000
Sep 1, 2010
Williamstown, NJ
Hi guys i have a ipod touch 4g. i just download the GM version of Ios 5. The newstand,ichat and icloud isnt working. its greyed out and wifi sync isnt working properly. Will i be able to update when the original ios 5 releases tommorow.? or im stuck with this? HELP!

I have IOS5 also and the wifi sync no doubt is a problem with itunes, i don;t think those other features are active yet, i know newsstand isn't

dhepayne

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 11, 2011
Yep.. Lots of things are not working in ios5. so i downgraded to 4.3.5. WAITING FOR THE OFFICIAL RELEASE TODAY ! :D

Noisemaker

Mar 13, 2009

That's what happens when you're putting Developer-only software on your non-developer device. GM or not, it's still classified as beta, and you have no place using it.

Instead of being an impatient hack, you should wait for the actual release, and leave beta software to people who know what the hell they're actually doing.

:rolleyes:

Yep.. Lots of things are not working in ios5. so i downgraded to 4.3.5. WAITING FOR THE OFFICIAL RELEASE TODAY ! :D

Actually, no. Everything is working, you just have no idea what you're doing, and likely obtained an illegal copy of the GM. Had you waited like every other non-developer, it would have worked just fine. Instead you chose to go another route, and instead of realizing that it's your own fault, you blame the software, which is also blaming the developers who have worked hard on it for months to make it work as it should.

It's your own stupidity you should be blaming, as that's the only culprit here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.