Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 13, 2010
World
Apple release iOS 6.01, lets see if they fixed Maps…(and what doors they left open for a JB)

----------

well now Cydia shows 6.0 and 6.01 hashes as well

xchampx13

macrumors regular
Aug 4, 2012
I am on 6.0 now, if I am looking to jailbreak whenever one is released should I just stay were I am? Or upgrade?

cclloyd

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2011
Alpha Centauri A
You should be able to update to 6.0.1, since that's what the hackers will try to break. They usually wait for the .0.1 update that comes out shortly after, so if there will ever be a jb, it should be on this version.

Siggen

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2011
Oslo, Norway
I am on 6.0 now, if I am looking to jailbreak whenever one is released should I just stay were I am? Or upgrade?

You should save your SHSH blobs, you can also do this for the iPhone 5.
Then you should be able to downgrade if you need.

Hurry before its to late!

Download the 6.0 ipsw for your device. And the newest Redsn0w, go to extras, SHSH and New, point to the IPSW file, and it will save your blobs for the version you pointed to.

Remember to upload to cydia when you get asked.

You can also do this for 6.0.1 so you wont have to hurry do it when the next version comes out.

EDIT:
Awe, sorry, the window to get 6.0 blobs was closed by Apple :(
https://twitter.com/MuscleNerd/status/264143390474649600

Last edited:

xchampx13

macrumors regular
Aug 4, 2012
You should save your SHSH blobs, you can also do this for the iPhone 5.
Then you should be able to downgrade if you need.

Hurry before its to late!

Download the 6.0 ipsw for your device. And the newest Redsn0w, go to extras, SHSH and New, point to the IPSW file, and it will save your blobs for the version you pointed to.

Remember to upload to cydia when you get asked.

You can also do this for 6.0.1 so you wont have to hurry do it when the next version comes out.

EDIT:
Awe, sorry, the window to get 6.0 blobs was closed by Apple :(
https://twitter.com/MuscleNerd/status/264143390474649600
Thanks for trying to help, I ended up only have 5.0.1, 5.0.1b and 5.1.1. I guess ill just stay on 6.0 and wait and see.

Siggen

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2011
Oslo, Norway
Thanks for trying to help, I ended up only have 5.0.1, 5.0.1b and 5.1.1. I guess ill just stay on 6.0 and wait and see.

Do it for 6.0.1 now, so you dont have to think about it later.
In worst case scenario that one will be the only jailbroken iOS6 for newer devices after they stop signing it. Its not probable, but possible.

Anways, didn't upgrade either, contemplating trying 6.1 beta.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Apple updated to 6.0.1 to close a major webkit bug which was remotely exploitable.
MuscleNerd has suggested staying on 6.0 if you are currently there.
My iPhone 5 will stay on 6.0

Thanks bro.
I went to 6.0.1 cause of the many wifi issues with my i5.
I'll see how it goes but seems like the wifi bugs are still there:(

iEric4

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2010
i missed saving my 6.0 shsh by a few minutes. is it really that big of a deal? i mean how could it be used without a bootrom exploit?

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 13, 2010
World
i missed saving my 6.0 shsh by a few minutes. is it really that big of a deal? i mean how could it be used without a bootrom exploit?

The same as the blobs are usable for the 4S/iPad2/iPad3 without a bootrom exploit.

It is so easy, first thing i do when a ne firmware comes out or with a new device is open TU to get my blobs

noiceT

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2008
Catalina Wine Mixer
The same as the blobs are usable for the 4S/iPad2/iPad3 without a bootrom exploit.

It is so easy, first thing i do when a ne firmware comes out or with a new device is open TU to get my blobs

What version of TU are you running? Everytime I connect my ip5, it shows a "?" next to the device in the side bar. I can press the "save shsh" button, but nothing happens.:(

notevirus7

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2012
I have a 4.3 untethered jailbreak (Ipod touch 4g)

Is this version better than iOS 6 or 6.0.1?

cause, I can't play ios 5 compatible games :eek: (and i dont have 5.1.1 shsd)

I've also read that there is a 6.0.1 tethered jailbreak

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 13, 2010
World
There is a tethered JB for 6.0 as well.

Release notes for 6.01

This update contains improvements and bug fixes, including:

- Fixes a bug that prevents iPhone 5 from installing software updates wirelessly over the air
- Fixes a bug where horizontal lines may be displayed across the keyboard
- Fixes an issue that could cause camera flash to not go off
- Improves reliability of iPhone 5 and iPod touch (5th generation) when connected to encrypted WPA2 Wi-Fi networks
- Resolves an issue that prevents iPhone from using the cellular network in some instances
- Consolidated the Use Cellular Data switch for iTunes Match
- Fixes a Passcode Lock bug which sometimes allowed access to Passbook pass details from lock screen
- Fixes a bug affecting Exchange meetings

notevirus7

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2012
There is a tethered JB for 6.0 as well.

Release notes for 6.01

This update contains improvements and bug fixes, including:

- Fixes a bug that prevents iPhone 5 from installing software updates wirelessly over the air
- Fixes a bug where horizontal lines may be displayed across the keyboard
- Fixes an issue that could cause camera flash to not go off
- Improves reliability of iPhone 5 and iPod touch (5th generation) when connected to encrypted WPA2 Wi-Fi networks
- Resolves an issue that prevents iPhone from using the cellular network in some instances
- Consolidated the Use Cellular Data switch for iTunes Match
- Fixes a Passcode Lock bug which sometimes allowed access to Passbook pass details from lock screen
- Fixes a bug affecting Exchange meetings

there is?

should I just upgrade cause I can't play iOS5 games :eek:

Mystikal

macrumors 68020
Oct 4, 2007
Irvine, CA
I am having some crazy battery problems on iOS 6 but I don't want to restore because it will upgrade my phone.

Uuuugghhhhhhhhh

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.