iOS 6.1 Beta 2: New Features & Improvements (fixes) Thread

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by batting1000, Nov 12, 2012.

1. macrumors 603

New Features:
    -New Passbook card to explain the app (9to5mac)

Improvements (fixes):
    -Panorama is fixed (9to5mac)
    -You can download individual songs from iTunes Match again (9to5mac)

If you notice anything new in 6.1 or improved from iOS 6.0.1/6.0, post here.

2. macrumors 6502

The song time is now right under the song name.

2012-11-12 17.07.44.png

3. macrumors newbie

I think Siri is learning new languages!

Ask your Siri this: "Siri can you speak [Your language (in my case Portuguese)]?"*

*Only in countries witch doesn't have native language support.

Share with us your results. In Brazil were getting an error. In 6.0.1 we get an negative answer from Siri, but now it seems be different.

4. macrumors 6502

iPusch

I dunno, but I like the design of the current player better # I can directly see the length on the right...

Attached Files:

5. macrumors regular

brylliant

Check my source for full list of features in iOS 6.1 beta 2 :)

6. macrumors 6502

Safari updated

Attached Files:

7. macrumors 6502a

Parise

Updated with what?

8. macrumors regular

Anyone know if the assistive touch auto-lock bug is still there? The one where iOS just won't auto-lock if the assistive touch button was the last thing pressed.

9. macrumors 6502

SamGabbay

Looks like with the "Reading List" feature.

Sam

10. macrumors 6502a

Parise

I couldve absolutely sworn that was there in Beta 1. Meh.

11. macrumors regular

brylliant

There is a new "Listen Live" feature for hearing aid users! Check my source for more information!

12. macrumors 6502

I think that feature was already introduced in iOS 6.0

13. macrumors 6502

SamGabbay

It was, you are correct. But I have not seen this particular icon on my iPhone Safari toolbar in a while.

14. macrumors 6502a

Am3r1ca16

yeah that was in iOS 6. that happens after you restored. it's just updating the reading list.

15. macrumors 65816

fsck-y dingo

Would someone tell me if Do Not Disturb lets an allowed contact's text messages sound off? As it stands in 6.0.1 a person can call through but their texts are silenced.

16. macrumors regular

Does iOS 6.1 fix iTunes Wi-Fi Sync yet?

Ever since iOS 6 was released, wi-fi sync has been completely broken. Apple needs to get on that.

17. macrumors 6502a

Don't you just love it when people say 'broken' when only they - out of millions -are having a problem? (Slight exaggeration!)

18. macrumors 68000

But if it doesn't work for me (me being the person who has the issues) then then it is broken and that is all that really matters right? If something doesn't work for me, I do not really care if it works for others, I am only worried about my own device; it doesn't help me if yours works now does it?

It is not unsual nor unheard of for Apple products to have issues that only affect certain users under certain conditions; this doesn't make the issue any less important...especially to those having the problem.

19. macrumors 6502a

Yes, it may be 'broken' for you, but wi-fi sync is not itself 'broken' which is what you (and others in similar circumstances) imply by your statement.

20. macrumors 68000

Actually for me it works. My point is, just because it works for most people, doesn't mean it is not broken for others. And if it doesn't work universally 100% of the time for 100% of the users, then it is indeed broken aka buggy.

Again, my point is; it is not fair to dismiss someones issue because you feel it is an isolated case; if it doesn't work for them, it is important to them and if it doesn't work it is indeed broken for that user.

A car company sells millions upon millions of cars a year, most have zero issues, but if mine doesn't start in the morning, it is broken, right? Even though the guy across the street with the exact same car beeps at me as he drives down the road, mine is still broken right? And it needs to be fixed right? The guy wouldn't stop and call me a liar and say my car is not broken because his is running fine, would he?

Same thing.

21. macrumors 6502a

Am3r1ca16

Is anyone else having trouble signing into the app store? i keep getting a pop up saying "Could Not Sign In - An Unknown Error Has Occurred" i signed off and tried to sign back on and i couldn't.

22. macrumors 65816

aDRock1154

Nope. In fact I just updated an app...

23. macrumors 6502a

Your missing the point.
    And that's another thing I love, the way people use irrelevant car arguments in these cases. (Why is it always cars?)
    And, no, it's not the same thing, but I'm out of here now.

24. macrumors regular

This is not some isolated incident, though. Do a Google search for the problem and you'll see that it's very widespread. In fact, simply type in "itunes wifi sync ios 6" (you don't even have to enter terms like "broken" or "not working") and see what pops up. Maybe it's working for you, and that's great, but there are countless Apple users out there for whom the feature does not work at all. It's a pretty common bug.

25. macrumors 6502a

Am3r1ca16

yeah i fixed it. kind of weird.