Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
This is becoming Unreal ... Standby Time is going off the roof !!

Here is my iPad 4 status also on 6.1 and LTE ... (Just toook out the SIM for my other phone)

This is all on LTE (Don't ask!)

M1's 3GB plan or you grandfathered the 12GB one? Sucks that all our local telcos removed the 12GB plan :(

chekz0414

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2011
FL
If beta 3 is near final, then there's nearly no point in upgrading. Did you guys see the current 6.1 beta changelog? There's nothing substantial in it with the exception of some very minor features. What a disappointment.

I still think there will be a beta 4 that will bring some feature for real.

But if you remember 5.1 had no significant features either, you're living in the past when Apple rolled out new features, during the iOS 4 era. With iOS 5 onwards Apple is trying to bring out new features YEARLY, just like with OS X, 6.1 will most likely be the last update maybe 6.1.x or 6.x until we get NEW features in iOS 7. Same with OS X no new features till 10.9

SanjeevRana

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2011
Don't know about Exchange but iCloud email is definitely fixed for push and sync across devices ...

Those on iCloud email would be happy about this. We all know that at this time the real time sync does not work like Exchange which means that if you read or delete your email on one device the other does not reflect this until you actually open the mail app on the other as well.

Seems like now the idle imap command is properly working as in the changes reflect in a few seconds across devices without any manual opening of the mail app. I am so happy !!

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
Someone test Safari browser benchmarks with the beta and see if they ACTUALLY made the browser faster, not just "safari feels snappier"

GIZBUG

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2006
Chicago, IL
Someone test Safari browser benchmarks with the beta and see if they ACTUALLY made the browser faster, not just "safari feels snappier"

Safari comments are getting old
Plus, not many even use that browser anymore. Too many superior alternatives out there.

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
Seems like now the idle imap command is properly working as in the changes reflect in a few seconds across devices without any manual opening of the mail app. I am so happy !!

I sure hope this makes the GM for 6.1 because its annoying to not have all devices updates in real time.

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
Safari comments are getting old
Plus, not many even use that browser anymore. Too many superior alternatives out there.

Like what? Google Chrome doesnt even compare to Safari and i dont really see any other ones. Plus Apple always updates their Safari in every .1 patch ala 4.0 to 4.1 etc

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.