Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rainforest

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2012
Can somebody tell me why the location services symbol appears every time I wake my I5 after I installed iOS 6.1? I'm afraid it will kill my battery life, and it is quite distracting to see that symbol appear each time. It disappears after about 5 sec.

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
Can somebody tell me why the location services symbol appears every time I wake my I5 after I installed iOS 6.1? I'm afraid it will kill my battery life, and it is quite distracting to see that symbol appear each time. It disappears after about 5 sec.

I had the same problem last month and realised that it's passbook. Just delete the pass or disable "update with location" function of that pass.

Rainforest

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2012
I had the same problem last month and realised that it's passbook. Just delete the pass or disable "update with location" function of that pass.

Amazing! I did what you said on my Famous Players movie pass, and it fixed it!

Thanks.

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
Amazing! I did what you said on my Famous Players movie pass, and it fixed it!

Thanks.

I scratched my head for few days before figuring it out because the location mark just disappeared few seconds after unlocking. To solve this mysterious location arrow thing I navigated to the settings, privacy, location services and then pushed the power button to lock the screen, then unlocked again and found that PassBook had a purple arrow indicating that it's using location services at the moment.

wolfboy

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2010
YouTube audio only doesn't work when you toggle it in the multi task bar anymore

simple20

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2010
I just did several speed test on my wireless. I have a 20mb connection and a very high end router.
I did several tests from my bedroom just now through approx 4 walls. With 'full signal'. With my case off (speck pixel skin hd), I was averaging 17-18mbs, with my case one, it varied from 2-4mbs. Pretty dramatic difference. Thought I would share for those who aren't seeing an improvement in their wireless.

Also, interestingly enough, LTE service was not affected case on or off.

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
Updated my white 3GS in the morning and my black one in the afternoon. Overall, it's quite stable and no problems whatsoever so far.

Still hesitant about updating my iPod touch 4th gen though... :p

AppleFanatic10

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2010
Hawthorne, CA
Just tried to use Siri and got this. Anyone else?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21359449318.905606.jpg

Zerilos

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2012
I just did several speed test on my wireless. I have a 20mb connection and a very high end router.
I did several tests from my bedroom just now through approx 4 walls. With 'full signal'. With my case off (speck pixel skin hd), I was averaging 17-18mbs, with my case one, it varied from 2-4mbs. Pretty dramatic difference. Thought I would share for those who aren't seeing an improvement in their wireless.

Also, interestingly enough, LTE service was not affected case on or off.

I ran several comparisons between my iPhone and my wife's s3. The s3 used to come in slightly faster in past, now my iphone 5 beats it by 2megs down after 4 tests. Btw...my wife thinks I'm a freak.

----------

Just tried to use Siri and got this. Anyone else?
View attachment 393330

Weird. I did not.

FatPuppy

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2012
I ran several comparisons between my iPhone and my wife's s3. The s3 used to come in slightly faster in past, now my iphone 5 beats it by 2megs down after 4 tests. Btw...my wife thinks I'm a freak.

You are!!

Dr. McKay

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2010
Belgium, Europe
I updated to 6.1 yesterday and now my unread email count is not in sync with my gmail account (56 unread on the gmail website and in gmail app, only 36 in ios mail).
This always worked perfectly, until now...
Any ideas ?

DMH3006

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2011
I updated to 6.1 yesterday and now my unread email count is not in sync with my gmail account (56 unread on the gmail website and in gmail app, only 36 in ios mail).
This always worked perfectly, until now...
Any ideas ?

Delete the account and resync?

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
Was looking at a bus timetable, tapped on 'Open with...' and this menu appeared!

Is this new or have I just not noticed it before?

Edit: Also just noticed that if I choose Adobe Reader, when I open another PDF in Safari, it defaults to 'Open in Adobe Reader' instead of iBooks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 144

Dr. McKay

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2010
Belgium, Europe
Delete the account and resync?

I didn't want to delete the account, running the risk not being able to sync anymore (what with google sync not working anymore for new accounts). Instead, I deactivated and reactivated my mail account in settings and that apparently did the trick...

VulchR

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
Scotland
Is it me or is Apple's maps app more readable now (larger and possibly different font; background for town areas more different from white etc.)?

FWIW I was able to update via iTunes for my work's iPad, but failed four attempts to update with my 4S. In the end I had to OTA for my iPhone. :/

abz1981

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2011
welcome screen for passbook brightness

Is it me thats only noticing this. When you have auto brightness on, and you tap on the passbook app, the main welcome screen on passbook goes really bright, and then it goes and dims down a little the brightness when you go into the app for passbook link.?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.