iOS 6 bugs with Lightning cable connected

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by MareLuce, Nov 19, 2012.

1. MareLuce, Nov 19, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2012

macrumors regular

I'm seeing 3 bugs, very repeatable, with my iPhone6 [ correction: iPhone5, running iOS6 ] with Lightning cable connected

1) When charging with Lightning cable connected, swipe does not work to get to the passcode prompt

Either it completely doesn't work, or it takes multiple swipes, similar to this person's situation.

2) When charging with Lightning cable connected, using the iPhone as a remote for my Roku XS ormy Panasonic BluRay player causes strange behavior on those devices. ex: It will pause or forward when I did not press those buttons.

If I pull out the lightning cable, it stops doing that.

It's like the lightning cable is sending extra signals.

3) When charging with Lightning cable connected, typing into any app is much less reliable.

I have tried re-starting my iPhone.

Workaround: Remember to disconnect and re-connect Lightning connector to my iPhone if I want to use it while charging.

2. macrumors 68000

pooleman

When exactly did the iPhone 6 come out? I just got my iPhone 5 less than 2 months ago. The technology really moves fast these days.

3. macrumors 68000

mKTank

You really have nothing better to do?

OP, I think I noticed the typing whilst plugged in issue. I think it's interference.

4. macrumors 68000

pooleman

I really have nothing better to do than what? Spend time on an Apple forum and leave comments? Apparently we both don't have anything better to do.

5. macrumors G4

dhlizard

Hummmm..

6. macrumors 68020

iapplelove

lol

op i have zero issues when plugged in even tried a few different tests as u described with zero issues

7. thread starter macrumors regular

My apologies. I meant to say iPhone 5, running iOS 6.

----------

My apologies. I meant to say iPhone 5, running iOS 6.

8. macrumors 6502a

spyguy10709

Sounds like a bad cable to me, buy/genius bar to get a new one.

9. MareLuce, Nov 19, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2012

thread starter macrumors regular

The key difference is: mkTank contributed something helpful, as did iapplelove.

Your reply reminds me a TripAdvisor reply when I asked:
    "What was the best iPhone app that knows both Tubes and Trains in London?"
    One guy's response:
    "Before iphones were invented (and subsequently), people simply looked at the timetable on the platform while they waited for their train into London, and checked when the last train back was."

Instead of just not replying because
    - he did not know
    - he had nothing new to contribute
    , he chose to spend his time replying with something sarcastic instead of helpful. However, maybe it made him feel better.

Similarly, instead of replying with something helpful (ex: whether it does or does not affect you), you chose to spend your time only pointing out an obvious typo.

Good point!

2 other possible causes:
    I might be using the Lightning cable that came with the new Nano. Should that matter?

I am definitely using the Apple USB power adapter that came with my iPhone 4. Does that matter?

Testing the Apple USB power adapter that came with my iPhone 5 is actually not easy to do soon. It's at work, I won't be for 2 weeks.

10. thread starter macrumors regular

It was the power adapter

The problem was not in the Lightning cable. The problem was in the power adapter that came with my iPhone5.

I returned it to the Apple Store when I returned my iPad Mini (because both the Mini and my iPhone would get me lost when on next trip - puts my hotel on the wrong side of the Vltava River). Yes, I did make it clear that the adapter was defective

Decided to get a Galaxy Note 2. Google Maps w/ Satellite view are truly beautiful on it, and it can my find my hotel and everything else.