Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CyBeRino

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2011
Stay tuned for "The new iPhone"

I highly doubt they'll make that mistake again. The new iPhone will be called "iPhone" (not iPhone 6 and certainly not iPhone 5, as the 4S is the fifth one) and they'll likely refer to it just as 'iPhone' again too, with "iPhone (6th Generation)" in support docs.

I am really happy that Apple is bringing missing stock Apps to the iPad.

Only if they add some actually useful info to it. Like the bloomberg app, where you can input your position and it'll figure out your profit/loss. As it stands, the stock stock app (hah) is actually not that useful.

ww1971

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2011
Full SMS support for iPad in ios 6?

Does apple have any plans to offer full SMS support (receiving and sending SMS from any phones) for iPad's I messaging app in iOS 6 or future iOS releases?

Calle68

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2012
Two quick questions:
- What exactly could be improved by a landscape phone app? (- or which other Apple apps were you referring to?)
- You don't happen to have an iPhone4 and an iPad2 do you? Just a completely random guess...

As an example, when I use the Tom Tom Dock in my car for navigation, the landscape view is better IMO. Why I have to rotate the dock in order to see who's calling me? Why all the buttons to select the output are in portrait mode?

Why the home and lock screen do not rotate as with the iPad (better after a customizable delay, in the iPhone)?

:) You guess right.

Galatian

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2010
Berlin
I know how you feel. 8 years ago I bought a car, it was top of the line, the most expensive model, it had everything, heated leather seats, power sun roof. And After I bought it, the very next year. The manufacturer added GPS to the exact same model for the same price. I tried to go have it installed by them, but they said it would cost $2000 to have it installed. They screwed me over bad. Since then I've never bought a new car, so I know exactly what I'm not getting.

My suggestion for you to not get screwed over by apple is to wait until the 2013 iPad comes out, then buy the 2012 model, and you'll know what you're not getting, and never plan on updating your OS. That way you won't get that "I'm getting screwed over feeling"

You're not getting what I'm saying: Apple KNEW they would release the iPhone 4 a few months later with more RAM then the iPad. The A4 from the iPad is essentially "broken" parts that didn't make it into the iPhone production. Today I can have this information beforehand (see Apple TV 3rd Gen), but I didn't when the iPad was released. Apple should have known better and should not have saved a few penny on such a premium priced product (the 800€ for the 64GB 3G version is well over 1000$ which can get me seriously more powerful devices). Also Apple brought a front facing camera with the iPhone 4 so they again KNEW that they would be releasing this technology and even made plans to do it on the iPad (as shown on several ifixit pictures), but they opted not to for saving a few bucks. Again I wasn't given this information beforehand so in retrospect: yes I feel like I've been screwed over by Apple by being kept uninformed. For me the iPad as neat as is could be is just to little for to much money. I can get a MacBook Air for just a little more which is ordered of magnitudes more powerful and will keep me running for definitely more then 2 years. My iPad got slow with iOS 5 and a lot of apps I used to use in university constantly crash on low memory issues. It's no fun anymore and I feel bitterly let down by Apple so I will not purchase a new iPad unless it will make some significantly progress to usability beyond a media consumption.

polaris20

macrumors 68020
Jul 13, 2008
Something that could be very good for music creation people like myself is "Inter-app audio", which is also being introduced with iOS 6.

If this is what Synthtopia is thinking it is, it could mean audio from one app being passed to another app.

For example, I could run IK Multimedia's excellent Amplitube guitar amp modeler into a track slot on GarageBand's timeline, much like how Rewire works on a desktop/laptop.

This would be extremely powerful for musicians doing work on iPads. It's a great platform for sketching ideas out on the go, and this would only enhance that even further.

Kwill

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2003
iPad 2 Geolocation?

Does the iPad 2 include geolocation? If not, this may be the reason why Siri will only be offered on the "new iPad."

John.B

macrumors 601
Jan 15, 2008
Holocene Epoch
Does the iPad 2 include geolocation? If not, this may be the reason why Siri will only be offered on the "new iPad."

They'll all do the "pseudo geolocation" via WiFi, but to get actual GPS support you have to buy the iPad 2 w/ 3G or iPad 3 + Cellular (i.e. w/ 4G).

jfc123

macrumors newbie
Apr 2, 2011
USA
holy cow that would get old fast. I'm pretty sure that if someone I text regularly had a signature for every text I would have to block them.

One my friends phone he puts different phrases like

~These words were written by pure genius ~
It isn't really for a signiture as much as something like that. I just think that it is kinda cool.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.