Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cobbyco

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 6, 2012
Finally after a long 7.1.1 download and restore, we're done! My iPad mini retina is jailbroken.

Just make sure you untick the box in the Windows app. Also, this is recommended.

matthew2926

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2013
Michigan
7.1.2 beta also is included in this jailbreak, stated by ih8sn0w.

There is no 7.1.2 beta. iH8sn0w said that there is code to make it work on the public release of 7.1.2 which is supposedly coming out this Friday. If Apple somehow manages to patch this jailbreak with 7.1.2, this code is useless.

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
There is no 7.1.2 beta. iH8sn0w said that there is code to make it work on the public release of 7.1.2 which is supposedly coming out this Friday. If Apple somehow manages to patch this jailbreak with 7.1.2, this code is useless.

Not for 7.1.2. I'm an Apple dev and I just checked the dev center and there currently is no 7.1.2 betas. But there are iOS 8 betas

Here's the question I have before diving in on this, and perhaps dhlizard can chime in on this as well.

Can anyone verify that the group behind this jailbreak burned an already known exploit that could be used for a jailbreak, or was this a new exploit that they found and built a jailbreak around that?

I ask because of the entire fiasco with the last iOS 6 jailbreak that killed one of the easiest exploits the teams out there had. If this was a known exploit, that makes one less shot to have at one for iOS 8, should Apple patch it in 7.1.2 or the next iOS 8 beta. If it is a new one, then pretty much no harm/no foul, as I'm sure the evad3rs still have their list of exploits with them.

While I'm happy on 7.0.6, and would love to jump to 7.1.x and jailbreak, I just worry about what we'd have available for iOS 8 when it comes out.

BL.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
man, why couldn't they wait until 7.1.2 was released… is coming soon, I'm going to wait until 7.1.2 gets released and see what musclenerd or any of the evaders decide to repackage the chinese jb; not in a hurry since I'm already jb, but there are some touchid updates that my 5S will prob enjoy.

aPple nErd

macrumors 68030
Feb 12, 2012
Jailbreaks/IOS Hacks
man, why couldn't they wait until 7.1.2 was released… is coming soon, I'm going to wait until 7.1.2 gets released and see what musclenerd or any of the evaders decide to repackage the chinese jb; not in a hurry since I'm already jb, but there are some touchid updates that my 5S will prob enjoy.

yeah, I'm a little skeptical about a chineese jailbreak.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012

I don't think anyone's going to repackage it but that's my guess

luckydcxx

macrumors 65816
Jun 13, 2013
I dont understand why these people don't wait until Apple releases the 7.1.2 update or even iOS 8? Why even risk it being patched?

Same thing with 7.1, it was like a week away and then Apple patched it.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.