iPhone iOS 7.1 Phone Restart Issue!

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by SRLMJ23, Mar 12, 2014.

1. macrumors 6502a

SRLMJ23

I have noticed since installing iOS 7.1 that when I restart my iDevices it takes FOREVER for them to restart.

When I restart my iPad Mini Retina, it seems it takes A LOT longer than it used too. I timed it, and from the time I see the Apple Logo, it take my iPad Mini Retina 21.40 seconds to get to the main pin number screen.

When I restart my iPhone 5 (iOS 7.1) it takes from the time I see the Apple Logo to the main screen, 32.71 seconds. I know that this is definitely a bug in iOS 7.1!!! My devices NEVER have taken this long to restart.

I mean, my iPad Mini Retina has the newest chipset Apple has to offer and 21.40 seconds seems absolutely way too long and a bug in iOS 7.1!

Please, if anyone else is experiencing this, report it here and then we can all get together and send Apple a bug notice.

If anyone has experienced this and found a resolution, please let me know.

Thank you so much in advance!

2. macrumors 68020

John T

Yes! I found that too in my iPhone 5. Seems to take a few clicks of the restart button to get the Apple logo on the screen. The first time it happened I thought something was seriously wrong!

3. macrumors regular

What's wrong with waiting half a minute for your phone to boot to a useable state? It'd only affect you if your turn it off after every call/message. Most of us leave the thing on indefinitely.

4. macrumors 68030

zorinlynx

You folks really dig hard to find stuff to complain about, don't you?

I guess it just shows how reliable and relatively bug-free iOS is. If "it takes almost 30 seconds to boot up" is your biggest complaint.

Yay iOS!

5. macrumors 68020

bbfc

I often think the same thing.

6. macrumors 68040

When started from a completely turned off state, I notice my Air takes awhile but I never timed it.

I'm not sure if it was much different before 7.1 though. It isn't enough to insinuate a bug! Maybe it needs time to fully reveal its galore. Maybe I should power up one of my android tablets and see how long that takes and I still wouldn't get the glory I do from the Air. :)

7. macrumors 603

Armen

Seriously who does that? times how long it takes to boot up? Enough looking for problems! :rolleyes:

8. macrumors 68000

Mine takes 21.5 seconds, i have sent it in for a replacement:p

9. thread starter macrumors 6502a

SRLMJ23

Okay, I guess I went too far with saying it could be a “bug.”

I had never times my devices before either, however, like I said...I noticed after installing 7.1 it was definitely slower. I never said anything about making it a huge issue and returning devices over it.

I was just curious if anyone else had noticed it, that is it I guess.

Sorry for the wording problem with “bug.”