iOS 7 and Genius Bar Appointment

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ghetto1, Jun 30, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

Hello.

I have a Genius Bar appointment tomorrow for a battery draining issue. I've been before for the same thing and they told me that it's a software issue and to restore and set up as a new phone. I did that. The battery still drained.

I downloaded iOS 7 when it first came out, because someone signed me on their developer account list after I gave them my UDID. iOS 7 is glitchy as expected, and drains my battery drains. I even restored as a new phone yet again.

When I go tomorrow, will there be a problem because I have iOS 7? I don't want them to be "revert back to iOS 6" because I really don't have time for that.

Help please!

2. macrumors G3

NT1440

They won't support you if you're running iOS7 and aren't a developer.

3. macrumors 6502a

Don't waste your and their time by having iOS 7, they will tell you to restore back and book another appointment. I know you might have battery drain issues either way, but they do not have support for devices running a beta OS, hence they will advise you to downgrade and book another appointment.

4. macrumors 603

siurpeeman

if you're going to keep ios 7 on your phone, one of two things will happen: either the genius will refuse to give you support outright or he'll point to that as the cause for your battery drain. if you don't have time to revert to ios 6, cancel your appointment until you have the time.

5. thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you guys.

how long does it take?

6. macrumors 604

lordofthereef

How do you "not have time"? Plug it into your computer, restore it, walk away and do whatever is keeping you so busy, and come back.

OR, do all this before bed, when you wake up you have a restored phone.

My feeling is you are not a dev, got iOS7 illegitimately, and don't quite know how to revert to iOS6. :rolleyes:

7. ghetto1, Jun 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2013

thread starter macrumors newbie

My feeling is you are judgmental, make assumptions, and don't quite know what you're talking about. :rolleyes:

8. Paddle1, Jun 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2013

macrumors 65816

They meant that there isn't really time to go to the appointment only to be turned away, simply for having iOS 7.
    I think it's just a misunderstanding. You should probably go back to iOS 6 just to be safe.

Also, here is a link to a similar thread: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1603217

9. thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you so much for your help! :)

10. macrumors 604

lordofthereef

Or... it is simply inexplicable that you don't have time to restore your phone before bringing it in. And you know what? They will tell you the same thing.

11. macrumors 68030

ET iPhone Home

I'm so busy, I can't read anymore.;)

12. macrumors 603

Carlanga

go to the genius bar appointment, there they will give you the iOS7 Gold Master FW so that all your battery problems will go away and you can enjoy iOS 7 the way is meant to be before anyone else. Just tell them that you don't understand why a beta drains your battery...

/not really/ :rolleyes:

13. macrumors newbie

They will not help you if you have ios 7 installed was on macrumors the other day, downgrade simples

14. macrumors member

Ya, you're going to need to downgrade..

15. macrumors 6502

I notice you didn't exactly refute his claim, though.

16. macrumors 6502

Pretty much like everyone else said, revert back to 6.1.4 and see if your battery still has problems, if so then it's hardware and you should take it to the Apple store with 6.1.4. If you go over to the dedicated ios 7 forum, there are threads about how to improve your battery life while you're on the beta. If you can't live with these beta issues and need a stable OS, then I suggest you revert back and wait until later betas or the final release.