Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

unobtainium

macrumors 68030
Mar 27, 2011
Let me break this down for you. IF you install iOS 7 Beta 1 from an IPSW that you downloaded from the Internet, found on the sidewalk, OR got directly from the Apple developer website, upon installation the device will check with Apple's developer server and verify your UDID is on a registered developer's account. Until that verification is completed with Apple, you have a nice, shiny, expensive paperweight.

If you want to install 7 on a non registered device, be my guest... The reason I am replying in the first place is so that your misinformation does not brick someone's device that doesn't know better.

Enjoy the site.

You keep saying this but it hasn't been confirmed. People keep trying to tell you that iOS 6 betas didn't require UDID registration (I can confirm that). Apple may have decided they'd rather not have a bunch of bricked devices carried around by fanboys. Or maybe they'll reinstitute the UDID check this year. No one knows yet. (My guess is they won't.)

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Sep 21, 2008
If anyone is able to download the iPhone 5 iOS 7 beta - can you link me/message me? I know some are getting it, most are not. I am only so patient! :D lol

Developer here.

Hustle

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2007
USA
I'm a new'ish registered developer. My UDID is registered.

Can only direct me where to go on the dev center to download the iOS 7 file? It's too slow to click around looking for it, and I've never downloaded an iOS file before.

Thanks. :)

unobtainium

macrumors 68030
Mar 27, 2011
If someone from the general public wants to sign up and pay the fee just like a developer, it's no skin off my nose. Who cares?

Yes, exactly - and if they brick their device or screw something up and come whining to the forums for help, either help them or don't.

Every single year during beta season I get sick of the continual smug comments from devs about non-devs using betas. It's gonna happen, might as well just shrug your shoulders.

jozeppy26

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2008
St. Louis
Yes, exactly - and if they brick their device or screw something up and come whining to the forums for help, either help them or don't.

Every single year during beta season I get sick of the continual smug comments from devs about non-devs using betas. It's gonna happen, might as well just shrug your shoulders.

Same here.

xero9

macrumors 6502a
Nov 7, 2006
I'm a registered dev but can't even access developer.apple.com :/

Can't find anything on the groups or torrents either. /sigh

JCCL

macrumors 68000
Apr 3, 2010
Is it just like a click on the restore in iTunes or have to take a different way??

Pretty much the sense, you can just put the iPhone in recovery mode and restore in iTunes. It will install the latest official release if it is anything like last betas.

cualexander

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2006
Charlotte, NC
People who advocate upgrading to the latest iOS 7 build without paying $99 are advocating theft. It doesn't matter if you don't agree with the price or whatever justification you try to come up with, it's still theft. I wish Apple would brick the phones of people who try that because they would have absolutely no right to complain about it.

TouchMint.com

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2012
Phoenix
With iOS 6 beta you couldnt test apps on xcode unless you upgrade to the xcode beta. Once you upgraded to the xcode beta you couldnt submit apps to the store. So in summary it was anti development to test beta unless you had an extra testing device.

jozeppy26

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2008
St. Louis
People who advocate upgrading to the latest iOS 7 build without paying $99 are advocating theft. It doesn't matter if you don't agree with the price or whatever justification you try to come up with, it's still theft. I wish Apple would brick the phones of people who try that because they would have absolutely no right to complain about it.

No right to complain? I agree. You wish apple would brick their phones? Get off your high horse.

Am3r1ca16

Suspended
Jul 17, 2012
New York City

Let people do what they want. You live YOUR life and stop worrying about others.

KattDaDon

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2011
You guys are all wrong. You can install beta iOS on you device without registering by holding the atl/option key and select check for updates not restore. When you hold the atl/option key and select restore after it installs it will not activate because it will tell you have to be a developer

Vundu

macrumors 68000
Jun 10, 2009
Manchester, UK

Quick chaps the internet police are here.

slapguts

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2008

"We have always been shameless about stealing great ideas."-Steve Jobs, Triumph of the Nerds (1996)

rmwebs

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2007
Anyone had any luck getting on the dev site yet? Not managed to load it at all since the keynote.

stephen1108

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2007

Get outta here with that mess.

i7nZPKD31rZLg.gif

DMH3006

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2011
Anyone had any luck getting on the dev site yet? Not managed to load it at all since the keynote.

Was able to load it 10 times but couldn't go anywhere,not even login,when they said it was released today they meant it 11:59pm didn't they?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.