iPhone iOS 7 beta 4 screen goes black after update

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by hodor123, Jul 30, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

I have been using iOS 7 betas without any issues. However, yesterday after the OTA, my iPhone 4 booted up with the Apple logo and then went black. iTunes is able to detect it and even when I tried calling on my number from another phone, the call went through but I didn't see anything on my iPhone.

I tried restoring it by downloading the ipsw. I got the setup screen and after completing the setup, the iPhone again booted and went black.

I then restored to 6.1.3, which worked fine. I tried to restore it again to beta 4, and same issue again.

I doubt its a hardware issue, since I get the setup screen and it works. Any suggestions?

2. macrumors 603

Tyler23

Hold the home and power buttons until you see the Apple logo. This is a hard reset, and has fixed this issue for others.

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi,

Thanks. I have tried that, doesn't work. It boots up, the Apple logo shows up, and again goes blank.

4. macrumors member

If you continue having this issue but are able to get to the homescreen, you may have some app data/settings causing the problem.

Try resetting all settings by going to Settings > General > Reset.
    If you still have problems... you may need to restore and then start as a new iPhone.

Hope this helps.

5. macrumors 68020

bbfc

I would set up as a new phone.

Restore to iOS 6 and set up as new and then update to the beta.

6. thread starter macrumors newbie

I can't get to the homescreen. It goes blank right after the Apple logo.

7. macrumors member

One last thing i'd try before restoring and setting up as a new phone:

Restore to the latest OS you can successfully run, with all your data.
    Reset all settings.
    Goto Settings > iCloud and disable Find My iPhone (this helped in previous betas...)
    Update to iOSb4 from iTunes.

If it works, make sure to re-enable Find My iPhone. If it doesn't, it looks like your only other option is to start as a new phone :(

8. macrumors newbie

the same thing has happened to me. i can't access through iTunes because it is awaiting for me to press the "i trust this computer" on my iPhone - but obviously i can't do that because the screen is black

if i call it, the call goes through but the iPhone doesn't ring or vibrate or anything

9. macrumors newbie

i had to put it in DFU mode and trying to restore to 6.1.3. it tried to restore to iOS 7 beta 3 but an error occurred