IOS 7 Beta 6 Unlock Sound

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by andrewsjra, Aug 16, 2013.

1. macrumors member

Looks like Beta 6 still didn't fix the unlock sound. Is anyone else still experiencing this?

2. macrumors 6502

This is a feature people! I've had it turned off since 2008! :)

3. macrumors 6502a

MarcusCarpenter

I actually prefer just having a lock sound, don't feel the unlock sound is needed anymore or at least it needs changing for the new UI as the "sound" don't quite fit the UI anymore

4. thread starter macrumors member

Or it would be nice if they had different unlock/lock sounds to choose from. Especially now that IOS 7 has a different feel I feel it would be appropriate.

5. macrumors 65816

benji888

it's not a mistake, Apple doesn't miss things like this, this is their way of saying they are changing it. I don't think it will remain without sounds, but, the lock/unlock sounds are skewmorphic (however that's spelled), so these will change also...new sounds! :D

But, like OP, I'd like to be able to choose the sounds...all sounds, actually (even the bubble sounds in texting).

6. macrumors newbie

People don't get that there is still skumorphic elements in iOS 7. It's whole new physics engine is an example of this . iOS 7 is about removing skumorphic elements from the visual design.

7. macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Like a door opening and closing?

8. macrumors 6502a

What'd you expect from a 13mb update?

9. macrumors 601

PNutts

Which part of the visual design is the unlock sound? :p

10. macrumors 65816

DDustiNN

I dunno, I put in a bug report regarding the iOS 7 beta 5 missing lock sound (figuring it would be flagged as a duplicate), but they responded asking for logs. Haven't sent it yet though.

11. macrumors P6

Interesting that they either aren't aware of it, or seem to not quite get what the issue really is somehow.

12. macrumors 68040

andybno1

I turned lock sounds off then on again bam problem solved

EDIT: nope back to no unlock sound

13. macrumors 65816

benji888

It's not just about visual design, the lock/unlock sounds are skewmorphic by design also...I don't think you get the overall concept, maybe you should google it. (Skeuomorphic)

----------

maybe that's because it isn't an issue. ...there is no way this would just slip by the people at Apple, I am sure they know about it...not one idevice with iOS 7 beta 5 or 6 has the unlock sound, now does it? Apple has been known to give hints at new or changing features in beta releases before.

14. macrumors 68020

bbfc

Beta 6 was pushed out to fix one bug. Beta 7 might bring changes to the sounds.

15. macrumors P6

It's very easy for anything to slip by in a beta update, and even a non-beta update. It might seem obvious to some later on, but all kinds of things slip through with all kinds of updates involving all kinds of companies...just the nature of the beast.

Furthermore, if this was intentional, Apple wouldn't request more details about the issue, and would close the bug report as something like "works as designed", "won't fix", or even a duplicate of some sort.

16. macrumors 601

PNutts

Whooooosh!

17. macrumors 6502a

Sirious

IMHO, the lock and unlock sounds are too quick for the new iOS 7 fade in/out effect. Hope they are about to change them ;)

18. macrumors 68030

BvizioN

I agree, the entire sound collection needs refreshing on iOS 7.

19. macrumors 6502a

Gogurt48

That's because you can see. My wife is blind and relies in the unlock sound to let her know she's successfully unlocked the phone. As an accessibility issue, there really needs to be an unlock sound.

20. macrumors 6502

That is a very interesting aspect that I haven't considered, and it is a serious issue for those with disabilities. Did you send Apple feedback? Perhaps they can make it a toggle option under Accessibilities. That would make many other happy too.

21. macrumors 6502a

Gogurt48

I haven't reported it to Apple yet because I assume it's going to be fixed soon. However, if it's not restored in the next beta, I definitely will report it.

22. macrumors 6502a

MarcusCarpenter

Well i guess your Wife isnt a Developer so therefore shouldn't be using a beta software.. of course this would be fixed/replaced in the GM

23. macrumors 6502

Where did he say that his wife is using iOS 7? He could be speaking on her behalf, meaning that if this is a feature and not a bug, people who are blind would be hindered. Geez.

24. macrumors 6502a

MarcusCarpenter

It's a bug thats proven, if you disable lock sounds and reenable sometimes it works therefore showing its a bug

25. macrumors 6502a

Gogurt48

I hope so. Apple has always excelled at providing accessibility options. I don't think they would deliberately remove this feature unless they didn't realize that doing so created an accessibility issue. To be honest, if it didn't affect my wife, I'm not sure I would have realized that.