Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mzd

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
My main gripe is the new calendar, it's awful. I always use it in month view and each day where there is an event there is a dot by the side and when tapped the events of that day are underneath.

With this now in month view the only number highlighted is today, you can't see any other days with events and when you click each day it starts at midnight so you then have to scroll down to find your events. Dire.

Downloaded CalenMob instead. Also the spotlight search doesn't work for me. Hitting search does't do anything

hmm, didn't know that. i agree with you. it sounds like they really sacrificed usability here. viewing your schedule is one of the primary reasons the calendar app exists! this is taking "minimalism" way too far.

Menopause

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2011
They just update silently in the background. Currently, all apps updated this way show that 'downloading / installing' bar but it disappears when I click on the app. Not sure if that is a bug or intentional to tell you which apps have been updated.

Thanks. Do you get a notification on the lock screen / notification center that an app has been updated? I saw a YouTube video in which I found this:

Screen%20Shot%202013-06-15%20at%2010.34.47.png

What I would like to know is:

(1) Does iOS 7 inform you like all other notifications, that an app has been updated, that is, by a sound and the screen lighting up?

(2) Does swiping the notification take you to the App Store 'Updates' section, where you see information about the apps that have been updated?

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
Thanks. Do you get a notification on the lock screen / notification center that an app has been updated? I saw a YouTube video in which I found this:

What I would like to know is:

(1) Does iOS 7 inform you like all other notifications, that an app has been updated, that is, by a sound and the screen lighting up?

(2) Does swiping the notification take you to the App Store 'Updates' section, where you see information about the apps that have been updated?
1) No. It doesn't notify you with an alert/banner or sound when they're done. It tries to update in the background without you knowing it. You'd only have issues if you unlock the device and need to use an app that is updating.

2) Yes. Complete with change logs.

Cod3rror

macrumors 68000
Apr 18, 2010
You can no longer rate (star) your songs in the music app.

I use this feature a lot to drop a song down to 1 star to remind myself in the future to remove it from my playlist as I've decided that I either don't like it as much as I used to, or it doesn't belong in my Workout playlist.

I am also hoping that once iOS 7 is out for the iPad, that they re-introduce being able to see a song's lyrics, which they had removed in iOS 6.

You cannot view lyrics anymore? Why would they remove it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.