iOS 7 Beta?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by jacobss, Jun 9, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502

Last year when they revealed iOS 6, when did they release iOS6 BETA 1?

2. macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

Normally it is released the night of the keynote, so tomorrow night, I expect the first beta will be released.

3. Guest

WeegieMac

And the umpteen threads requesting download links and asking how to install it on their own iPhone's will begin to appear ...

4. thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks!

5. Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

If you see anyone offering download links or UDID slots please report the posts so we can remove them.

6. macrumors 68000

\-V-/

Prepare to be bombarded with reports. :p

7. macrumors 6502a

IOS 7 Beta 1 will be available to developers after the keynote. 12:00PT, 2:00ET

8. macrumors 6502a

Krissypantz2828

We will get right on that :p

9. macrumors 68030

dictoresno

ive always wanted to test the betas, but cant justify coughing up $99 a year to do so. anyone think its worth it?

10. macrumors newbie

99$ for two months of beta? Just balance between your real needs and your impatience and you'll see by yourself. Plus, you'll be subject to bugs and you may be more annoyed than happy... Your call...

At least, see if a dev account can provide you with *more* than the beta (ie: access to stuffs and special events that you may want to get too).

11. Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Just to load a beta OS onto the phone that could potentially make it harder to use, i.e., betas are not the most stable pieces of software.

Its your money but I'd say there may be better ways to spend $99

12. cobbyco, Jun 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2013

macrumors 6502a

cobbyco

This is why these UDID sites exist. A small number of consumers want to test the betas but Apple won't allow them to.

Apple should really open up beta testing, but make it difficult for the average consumer to accidentally install it. Just make sure they don't advertise it to the world, and so only the ones who actually want to test will find it.

13. macrumors 68030

dictoresno

oh im aware they can be buggy. and im not saying i want to spend the money on it, i infact DONT want to. i enjoyed when RIM had OS leaks all the time as we were able to install them ahead of carrier release. we were able to mix match OS files to make hybrids that may be more stable or battery efficient than others. RIM also had a blackberry beta program where registration was free, and we could choose which program (mostly blackberry official apps like BBM) we wanted to participate in, test and submit feedback for. i think it would benefit apple more to have a larger beta community, that wasnt expensive. to participate in.

14. macrumors 6502a

Am3r1ca16

Developers will try to discourage you from using the betas because they are "unstable" and "buggy". If you want to test out the betas do it. Just get the IPSW when its out. i tested the iOS 6 betas last year and i'm not even a developer. It wasn't even buggy. At least in my experience. You can always go back to iOS 6.1.3 if you don't like the betas by restoring. Just make a backup of iOS 6.1.3 before you update to 7.0 because your 7.0 backup wont work.

So you really have nothing to lose.