iOS 7 Charging Problems

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Cscottrun, Jul 25, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502

Everyonce in a while, i'll plug the lightning cable into my phone and nothing happens. I've tried multiple cables and none work until finally, and randomly, my phone decides to accept the cable and starts charging. Anyone else ever have this problem on beta 3? I just got a new iPhone from apple as my last one got wet. If nobody else has this problem, I suppose its my phone itself.

2. macrumors 6502a

Gogurt48

Something like that happened to me once. I plugged my phone into my Mac and nothing happened. I tried it several times without success. Finally, I plugged the phone into the wall and that worked. Oddly, since then it's also worked when I've plugged it into the Mac.

3. macrumors 6502

grockk

Is it an iPhone 5?

Hard to see but pocket lint can make it so the contacts do make, and then no charging. I was getting frustrated mine would only charge one way and if flipped over it wouldn't work. Pulled so much pocket lint from the port!

I suppose an older dock connector may have same issue.

4. macrumors regular

jwilson25

I've had this happen a couple times now as well. I plugged my phone in yesterday on a long drive for work, then happened to look down and noticed the battery was lower. I unplugged and replugged and then it worked fine.

5. thread starter macrumors 6502

Interesting to see more people havent had this problem. Guess its my phone. Gonna have to revert back to ios 6 and bring it into apple.