iOS 7 concept video

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CiccioAtSea, Jan 20, 2013.

1. macrumors member

CiccioAtSea

Did anybody look at this video??

http://youtu.be/zv-r9UTGri4

Looks very nice, share your opinions pls.

ps

sorry if this has already been posted somewhere else...

2. macrumors 6502a

jamesjingyi

This looks nice! However seems a bit complex for basic users, others will benefit greatly from these features.

3. macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

I never quite understood how people make these videos. It looks so perfect.

I personally love the password to power off function.

4. macrumors regular

i like if you add a new feature its "too complicated" for the average user...

How about the average user doesn't access the advanced features? Is that so hard?

5. thread starter macrumors member

CiccioAtSea

I think I remember about some Os giving the chance to choose between complete and "easy" user interface... Think it was in my old Sony camcorder... It should not be so complicated to implement... Just leave the old interface as simpler one end a new one as complete version...

6. macrumors 6502

gixxerfool

I like this, a lot. They did a real nice job making things not only very true to Apple's style, but it flows well and makes sense. Although I wonder when you slide up to see the task switcher if you would keep opening all the way or if it requires a second push to open it.

Excellent work.

7. macrumors 6502a

miss.manson

Looks awesome

8. macrumors 6502

Looks the most like something that Apple would consider doing. We can't expect to much change and these seems to be the least amount of visual change, but adding the features that we have all been asking for. Nice job

9. thread starter macrumors member

CiccioAtSea

10. macrumors newbie

I think it looks great, would love these features :3

11. macrumors 601

cambookpro

Wow, would LOVE to see iOS 7 with these features/UI tweaks. Would be insanely cool.

12. macrumors 68020

Squilly

Love it! Not happening knowing Apple though.

13. macrumors 6502

Mis-spelled dynamic in one of the settings. It amazes me how many people can do things like this but can't be bothered to run a spell-check before showing it off.

14. macrumors regular

serkan

Nice but complexed for me.I don't mind reaching the settings after unlocking my phone.Personally I don't want my multitasking to be that complexed.I want simplicity so that's too complex I believe but at the end nice vid :)

15. macrumors 68000

Far too complicated and busy.

16. macrumors 68000

Cod3rror

I like this a lot!

I like multi-layered touch UIs with swipe gestures.

17. macrumors 6502

These type of post and people saying stuff like this is what has held iOS back. I understand that grandmas want to use this, but I want my iPhone and is OS to move 2007 and go into 2013. Without something like this iOS 7 will just be another iOS 1,3,3,4,5, and 6. Do we really want the same thing again? I am ready for a change, and I don't even think this is enough change.

18. macrumors 68020

TacticalDesire

It looks great. Except it doesn't fix one thing...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In Comparison

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2012 didn't add very much in the way of UI revisions but added a number of new useful and meaningful features

Despite the drastic UI improvements, the OS still functions very similarly. The changes increase simplicity and useability with each upgrade.

I'm not saying iOS needs to do something as drastic as android by any means but a visual refresh is necessary in my opinion. There's too many things that are just too time consuming to access (first world problems I know).

19. macrumors demi-god

Zwhaler

A little chaotic, but at least someone is trying to make iOS less outdated.

----------

This. iOS feels like a joke, that they make you go through so many menus to access settings that people use dozens of times per day. Also I don't like how when you go to, say, enable or disable wifi, when you try to slide it often times it just moves the page up or down not registering the horizontal swipe. Should be integrated into the pulldown, although that is probably infringing on Android or at least TouchWiz.

20. macrumors 6502a

BHP41

Things need to be implemented into the NC or as in this video the task switcher. The UI home screen in my opinion doesn't need changing. It's simple and works very well. The whole point of any GUI is to get you to the content. Not to sit there for you to look at.

I'd like to see the ability to organize contacts into groups, being able to select groups to message or email. Things like that need to be updated. Also being able to copy a address into a contact is non existent right now. If someone sends me a address I should be able to simply copy it,select the contact from contacts,edit and paste the address into it. It would make reminders and Siri much better. As it stands now you can't. You have each box for something. iOS should know(just like Maps does) what goes where.

21. macrumors 68000

Who said I don't want change?

I'm all for change, but not like this.

It has to be simpler and more intuative, not more complex and busy.

I get the feeling that everyone would be happy with quick settings, and that if we got them iOS would feel new again, but I think this would be a step backwards.

I think less options and toggles would be better. Make things even simpler, even easier. Look at the latest Google apps for example, they are beautiful and minimal, I'd like to see more of that style throughout iOS.

What I want is for 3rd party apps to talk to each other easier, and allow default apps to be changed, I would like to use Gmail as my mail app for example.

22. macrumors 68030

Arran

Looks like some interesting ideas there, but the video is a bit frantic and doesn't properly explain what's going on at any one point in time. Particularly so during transitions. Adding a running commentary, slowing it down and maybe splitting it up into sections would help. Impressively done, nonetheless.

Oh yeah, and does anyone else think personalized desktop wallpaper was a backward step? Some of those android screens posted by TacticalDesire have very few controls on them but still manage to look noisy and cluttered. It's not clear what's touchable (or significant) and what isn't.

23. macrumors 6502a

I doubt Apple will implement a settings menu item called 'knob gestures'. It would make my day if it did, though.

24. macrumors 6502

I understand that this video may seem kind of busy and hard to keep up with. I thought that a few times to. I have had iPhones since the iPhone 3G. I got the iphone 4 and then went with android. I had a couple of the nexus devices and loved them. I decided to come back to iOS with the iPhone 5 just to see what had happened. Well it seems not too much.

I am sorry if I seemed a little harsh. I am just tired of seeing iOS get left in 2007 when the designs for the phone are some of the best. I know people love how easy iOS is, but at some point things have got to change. You can only update the style of apple apps so many times before you have to change the whole thing. I think iOS is due for a whole face reconstruction not just a lift. I want them to keep things simple, but yet had some depth for the people that want it.

25. macrumors 6502a

BHP41

That won't happen nor should it. I have a nexus and iOS is still better overall. There are some nice things about Android but it requires too much time. And really all thus customization people speak of is very few things. The entire OS is dell over the place. You have to remember settings and menus for what seems every app.

iOS won't change drastically, it's just not going to happen. Looks at osx. I'm sure well see some things that make it smoother and more efficient but a new face for it. Not going to happen and it shouldn't.