Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SBacklin

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 13, 2011
Seattle, WA
Nope all on push.
Then one of the following is happening.

1) You're thinking of reading emails on iOS and the read/move/delete statuses are pushed to everything else, including computers. That will happen. Apple already officially stated that it doesn't work the other way around.

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4083
(I also found a couple of other KB links but, I get 404 errors. So have to wait and see.

2) You're noticing changes after new email arrives. When you read a message on the computer, normally, the iOS system doesn't update automatically as it would doing it the other way around. As stated above, reading on computer, the iOS system will update when new email arrives or the mail app is opened.

----------

Though, I'm wondering if the read/move/delete status thing is being changed with the introduction of iOS 7?

SanjeevRana

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2011
There is a possibility they may change functionality with the new iCloud however, they haven't even included conversation mode in emails on the iCloud Beta portal ... I mean c'mon :mad:

SBacklin

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 13, 2011
Seattle, WA
There is a possibility they may change functionality with the new iCloud however, they haven't even included conversation mode in emails on the iCloud Beta portal ... I mean c'mon :mad:
This is one of the reasons why I avoid my checking my email on icloud.com at any cost. It lacks functionality and the lack of convo view is really annoying.

exi

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2012
Apologies for the thread bump.

Just curious if someone can confirm that adding folders to the main window within Mail on iOS will allow push notifications for those folders, effectively letting us do the same as we do with subfolder pushing with ActiveSync accounts.

If so, may switch from Gmail to iCloud. That, plus lousy rules, is what still has me using fetch on Gmail on my iPhone.

Prabas

macrumors 65816
Sep 14, 2010
Europe
This read mail stuff started happening on iOS 7. When I read mail on my Mac, iOS 7 doesn't do anything until I open it up. I've tried using fetch and push modes.

I don't know about you guys but this is very annoying.

exi

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2012
This read mail stuff started happening on iOS 7. When I read mail on my Mac, iOS 7 doesn't do anything until I open it up. I've tried using fetch and push modes.

I don't know about you guys but this is very annoying.

That's a different issue, and also not new to iOS 7. Has been around for some time. I and I'm sure many others have submitted a feature request to Apple to change that behavior, but who knows.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.