iOS 7 is awesome, why do people hate it?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Appler4, Sep 24, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

Sep 23, 2013
    There has been a lot of hate for it lately. But why?
  2. macrumors regular

Mar 24, 2008
    Have you even read this forum? There are plenty of topics about the various reasons why people don't like iOS 7.
  3. macrumors regular

Aug 3, 2013
    Brisbane, Australia
    I agree
  4. macrumors Core

Oct 17, 2011
    Perhaps because people have personal opinions? Perhaps because there are things that some people care about while others don't even notice, let alone actually care about? Perhaps because there are actual issues in various places with various things (but, again, not all that would necessarily matter to everyone)?

Plenty of simple and rational explanations (making the actual question itself somewhat silly).
  5. me7
    macrumors regular

Sep 18, 2013
    It's probably fine as long as you don't use the music app. But the music app is a complete disaster.
  6. macrumors 65816

Sep 27, 2006
    United States
    Many of those were by people developing opinions based solely on screenshots and talk about the betas before it was publicly available, not people actually using iOS 7. Most that use it like it.

It"s also generally known that people who complain are more likely to comment (and get on forums) than the ones that like something. And they tend to make a big stink.

Also, older people or traditional people have a hard time with change, even if it's better.

(Here is an example of someone that doesn't like change, dramatizes it.)

I happen to like the changes to the music app. What you call "disaster", I call improved!
  7. Jodene =o), Sep 24, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2013

macrumors newbie

Jodene =o)

Aug 1, 2010
    I've only noticed a couple of the bugs (wallpaper lag, battery drain) and they don't bother me much (well, maybe the battery drain does)... But so what, haha. So count me in as one of the likers! Actually... I love it! :)

Admittedly, I'm the only one who loves IOS7 amongst my family and friends, and getting plenty of hassle for it, haha... But that's nothing new... I drive a BF Falcon in a family of Holden fanatics :)
  8. macrumors 6502a

Dec 18, 2012
    I suspect that overall iOS 7 is very popular. Negative comments found on the MR forums very rarely reflect reality to my experience. Anytime anything new comes out from Apple, some people lose it (and then they head here to complain about it). Based on comments here, you would have thought the iPad Mini would be a total failure (I was one of them) and that adding gold as an iPhone color would result in Apple's demise.
  9. me7
    macrumors regular

Sep 18, 2013
    Seriously, you call it an improvement that you need to scroll through all songs of an artist to reach latter albums?
    Getting to The Beatles' Abbey Road was a matter of a few seconds on iOS6. iOS7 forces me to scroll through ~160 songs to reach it.
  10. macrumors 601

Mar 2, 2012
    Probably because my phone has only gotten 3-4 hours of usage on a charge ever since I upgraded. Once they fix that, I'll be happy.
  11. macrumors 68040

Sep 29, 2009
    The music app is not a disaster - until you want to create a playlist.

Why they took away the function to add all songs in an album or an artist!?
  12. macrumors 65816

Feb 29, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Because some people are just so miserable they'll find anything to bitch and complain about, and make it seem like the end of the world. Like they've lost their leg or something.

I mean sure I have some small quandaries with iOS 7, but I'm not going to dramatize it like so many people do on here.

I remember with the whole "antennagate" hoopla people were saying they were gonna sue apple.....oh brother.
  13. macrumors member

Oct 17, 2009
    It is awesome only major problem is the syncing of music that I am having. Majority of the time I use my phone in the gym. I on a daily basis would update deleting and adding songs. I never had an issue in iOS 6 and I see a tons of people having issues. Other than that I am ok with everything else.
  14. macrumors regular

Dec 28, 2010
    North-east, Indiana
    It's hideous and slow. Not intuitive like iOS used to pride itself on.
  15. macrumors member

Feb 17, 2013
    I used to think the design of iOS 7 was odd, now I like it. iOS 7 is the best iOS yet. It feels like I have a jailbroken iPhone.
  16. macrumors regular

May 8, 2013
    Agreed.. They just have to add in quick reply for messages and it'll become the best iOS till date.
  17. macrumors 6502a

Aug 18, 2008
    Southern California
    Humans are resistant to change.
  18. macrumors 6502

Jul 17, 2005
    Mooresville, NC
    Um... you can't tap "More," select "Albums," and then "Abbey Road"?
  19. Guest

Turn off background app refresh, unneeded location services, dynamic wallpapers and parallax (turn "reduce motion" on). Also keep Bluetooth and AirDrop off when not needed and keep your screen brightness as low as possible (usually have mine at about 15-20% indoors)... Result... About 12 hours constant usage on 5S.
  20. macrumors 601

Mar 2, 2012
    Thanks, I'll try that
  21. macrumors 65816

Dec 16, 2010
    I love ios 7 enough said...

And these are the same humans that said ios 6 was to old and stale and wanted a refresh lol...... Apple seems damed if they do and damed if they don't.
  22. macrumors newbie

Sep 17, 2013
    I've deleted all third party apps besides gmail and google maps after using ios 7 for a week, the alarm clock, safari and the weather app is a huge upgrade + its saving me tons of space for other apps now! Its about time they did something right with these apps!
  23. macrumors newbie

Jun 17, 2013
    Southern California
    You do know that you can just select the Albums tab, right? Problem solved.
  24. macrumors 6502

Dec 15, 2010
    You have another problem. My Phone does far better with iOS 7.
  25. macrumors 65816

Jun 14, 2010
    It's not as bad as expected when actually used.

Still too white for night reading , safari and notes anyhow.