Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WhackyNinja

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 6, 2012
Kissimmee, FL
I have a question. I've noticed that the stock mail app delays on receiving messages. I get a message on my Gmail and I have to go to the Mail app so the message can appear. Idk what Im doing wrong, is it a glitch or?

Can anyone assist me?

dontpannic

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2011
Orpington, Kent, UK
I have a question. I've noticed that the stock mail app delays on receiving messages. I get a message on my Gmail and I have to go to the Mail app so the message can appear. Idk what Im doing wrong, is it a glitch or?

Can anyone assist me?

If you restored, the GMail account will be set to manual fetch. You'll have to go into the Mail, Contacts and Calendars setting page to enable scheduled fetch.

muledogus

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2009
To me it seems like all notifications are a little wonky in beta 1 and 2. I'm sure all will be well in future betas and GM but I wouldn't rely on them too heavily right now.

WhackyNinja

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 6, 2012
Kissimmee, FL
If you restored, the GMail account will be set to manual fetch. You'll have to go into the Mail, Contacts and Calendars setting page to enable scheduled fetch.

It already is set to fetch. I enabled Manual then re-enabled Fetch again. Hopefully that works.

----------

To me it seems like all notifications are a little wonky in beta 1 and 2. I'm sure all will be well in future betas and GM but I wouldn't rely on them too heavily right now.

For me not so much. Its just the Mail app thats been a little weird with not automatically fetching new mail.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.