Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

katai

macrumors regular
Aug 30, 2009
On beta 3, songs in albums are doubled but play once and goes to next song. Any way to fix this or its a bug?

Loge

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2004
England
Lyrics are back in the iPad version.

Tap on Now Playing in top right, and tap once on the album art. Works well in portrait. In landscape the lyric overlay is too large for the album cover.

thenk83

macrumors regular
Jun 3, 2009
I miss being able to play all songs in a genre. Would be nice to have it back.

tmanto02

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2011
Australia
When creating playlists you can't add songs from other playlists any more! Really frustrating!

Also, WHERE IS UP NEXT??? it is a feature that makes more sense to exist on iPhones and iPods than it does on macs!

thenk83

macrumors regular
Jun 3, 2009
When creating playlists you can't add songs from other playlists any more! Really frustrating!

Also, WHERE IS UP NEXT??? it is a feature that makes more sense to exist on iPhones and iPods than it does on macs!

Yes!! I always sorted my purchased into some playlist! I hope they fix it.

paulmadejong

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2012
Netherlands
In beta 3, they've finally fixed the "Now Playing" button. However, in this view, if you click on the track list button (upper right), and select playlist and another song from that same playlist, it will start playing the wrong song. This bug is there since b1 and obviously hasn't been fixed (but reported..)

Last edited:

merrickdrfc

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2011
Doncaster / Berlin
On beta 3, songs in albums are doubled but play once and goes to next song. Any way to fix this or its a bug?

I had this bug in Beta 2, I have iTunes Match so thought that was the problem, tried turning it on/off in settings etc. Only way I managed to fix it was by turning off iTunes Match, removing all music, putting it back on again with iTunes and then turning iTunes Match back on.

Beta 3 music app seems much more stable though, haven't had a single crash yet and playing music doesn't seem to melt your phone and drain your battery like before.

cmatuk

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2013
On the music app

Hey, this is my very fist post. Sorry if my english its not perfect. It's not my native language.

Im now on Beta 3 and I have to say I'm not happy with the music app. I don't like the fact that you can't listen to an artist full collection and you can only listen to one album at a time. Also, there is a function on the iPod Classic that allows you to browse either the album or the artist you are listening to. That can't be done on any iOS device. (7 and older)

So if you are shuffling all your songs and you want to listen more songs of a particular artist, you have to navigate through the Artist tab and then select the song. As many people have mentioned, you can't just play the entire Artist collection. It's not good if you have a few songs of each album but have a lot of albums. (say, The beatles)

Also ,am I the only one who misses Cover Flow?. I don't like the new tiles view. I didn't like it on iTunes and now its even worse on iOS. The biggest issue for me is that it dosen't show the album you are playing but it shows the list from the begining. This is related to the issue I mentione above where you can't switch from random shuffling to more songs of a particular artist.

Finally, it was bad in beta 1, much worse in beta 2 and now it seems to be better but the app used to crash a lot. Either skipping songs or crashing to the point of a slight reboot (with the apple logo and everything). It seems to happen a lot more if you constantly press the volume rocker.

Anyways.... Hope you can comment and thanks for reading!

Last edited:

sbauzay

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2013
I don't know if this is happening to anyone else and i didn't see it posted any where but ...

I am running beta 2 and now in my playlists some songs have a square box next to them and a smaller box inside of it. The songs with this cannot play. Anybody have an idea? This only happened recently, it was working fine a couple of days ago.

This is happening to me as well. Some songs play. Some songs don't. Anyone have any feedback on why this happens?

SuperMacMan

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
Chiming in here to say that I'm having issues with the display of lyrics.

I use a program called GetLyrical to automatically add lyrics to my music. The program works perfectly with iTunes 11, and iOS 6 and earlier.

However, songs tagged with lyrics via GetLyrical display without line breaks under iOS 7, however lyrics that I copy/paste in from a website appear fine!

This has been happening since b1.

WhKArZ2.png

Anyone else with this issue?

skinuca

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2005
New York City
Who uses this? Why would you want to purchase a song and rate it 1 star?

Thank God it's gone.

The ability to rate being gone is frustrating. Many times I have entire old CDs or have purchased a new album from iTunes. What I have always done in the past is rate songs as i hear them, mostly in the 3-5 range. It makes the smart playlist feature much more powerful and useful, as there is more info for iTunes to work with.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
The ability to rate being gone is frustrating. Many times I have entire old CDs or have purchased a new album from iTunes. What I have always done in the past is rate songs as i hear them, mostly in the 3-5 range. It makes the smart playlist feature much more powerful and useful, as there is more info for iTunes to work with.

Song ratings are back in beta 3.

skinuca

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2005
New York City
Song ratings are back in beta 3.

I see that someone about says the same thing. After seeing that post and yours I have just tried to figure it our and can not. The song name is not clickable for me in the "now playing" window and if i click the upper right and go to the list of songs from the same album, and click the song name there, it restarts the song.

I am running beta 3 on an iPhone 5.

No doubt i just have not figured it out, so any further pointers would be appreciated. Usually with their software, things work as I guess they would. It is what so many of us like about it.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I see that someone about says the same thing. After seeing that post and yours I have just tried to figure it our and can not. The song name is not clickable for me in the "now playing" window and if i click the upper right and go to the list of songs from the same album, and click the song name there, it restarts the song.

I am running beta 3 on an iPhone 5.

No doubt i just have not figured it out, so any further pointers would be appreciated. Usually with their software, things work as I guess they would. It is what so many of us like about it.

Tap on the album artwork ;)

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Still not available. I can't see stars on songs thst do have ratings or ones thst do not. The art work is not clickable at all.

Anyone else who can't do this with beta 3?

V7.0 build 11A4372q

iPhone 5 AT&T model MD636LL/A

It's not really "clickable," the artwork doesn't visually do anything itself. When you tap the artwork, 5 dots should appear beneath it (reminder, the artwork stays as it was). You can tap any of these dots to rate the song you are listening to.

If it really doesn't work, then that's strange, so far haven't heard about it not working for anybody else.

Also, FYI, this only works in the music app with songs you have. This will not work with iTunes Radio.

EDIT - Just realized, your last post indicates that you are still on Beta 1. You need to update to the most recent beta, beta 3, as the rating stars were not present with beta 1.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.