iOS 7 on the 4s

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by shotta287, Sep 25, 2013.

1. macrumors member

Hi guys, am i the only one experiencing slight lag and a decreased battery life on the 4s?

I've got auto refresh, parallax, and a lot of options off so i don't get it.

Any ideas?

Thanks

2. Sirious, Sep 25, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2013

macrumors 6502a

Sirious

It's surprisingly smooth for me on 4S. I'm not sure what the problem is.
    Have you tried restoring your device?

3. thread starter macrumors member

As a new device ? And i don't exactly mean lag, just some of the animations are very slightly slow

4. macrumors 6502a

I don't have a battery life issue but I have found that games like Angry Birds seems to run a bit slower with some hesitation. Seems to come and go as if there is something running in background occasionally - not that I play games all the time.

I don't find my 4s unusable - just occasionally noticable that it is a little slow.

5. macrumors newbie

they are slow on purpose.. it was designed like that. BUT, from what i have heard, this is a common complaint and 7.1 will speed them up a bit. my 4s seems very smooth.

6. thread starter macrumors member

yeah I don't find it unusable, but just miss the total smoothness of ios6..

7. macrumors regular

It feels smooth to me. Battery life is HORRIBLE though. Sucks battery like there is no tomorrow. I had 30 percent battery and put it on my dresser last night. under IOS6, I would have gotten up and had most of that left. However, it was completely drained this morning. During use (no wifi) yesterday, it used up 90% of the batter in about 3 hours of use. I think all the cool new 3D stuff is likely too draining for the 4s.

8. macrumors 68000

9. macrumors 6502a

Sirious

Oh yes, the animations are slightly slow than those found in iOS 6.

10. macrumors 65816

iOS7 runs perfectly on my 4S, with no decrease in battery life.

I am actually surprised at how well my 2 year old 4S runs the new software. Not a single hiccup. Had it not ran well, I would've got the 5S, but I am waiting it out for now.