iPhone iOS 7 panoramic wallpapers

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by JaredVegas, Jun 13, 2013.

1. JaredVegas, Jun 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2013

macrumors member

Thought we could get a thread going for panoramic wallpapers. I attached one I took in Sedona, AZ

Attached Files:

2. macrumors regular

It's annoying how you have to take one for it took work. I wanted one of NYC but I can't go there to take it lmao. Hopefully they fix that, or if thing only allow photos in the panorama album for it to work at least let us add panoramic photos to the album!

3. thread starter macrumors member

No you can download them an they get put into that folder. Here is one from earlier I got off a google image search

Attached Files:

4. macrumors regular

do you have an iPhone 5? B/c when I go to save it via my iPhoe it just puts it into my camera roll, and it has to be in panorama album for it to work.

5. macrumors regular

NacSquared

Does your guys' lockscreen act weird with these panoramic wallpapers? Whenever I tilt my phone up or down the picture moves vertically created black edges on the bottom or top.. Anyone else?

6. macrumors regular

Yep. Beta 1. :)

7. macrumors newbie

I want to know how to download pictures to panoramas folder?

8. macrumors 68030

Email it to yourself or use dropbox. Save to camera roll. It should automatically add itself to the album named Panoramic. That's what I did.

9. macrumors 6502a

Have you tried saving pictures from this thread and looking in the panorama folder? I realised after seeing someone talk about them that they get saved both places, or should. Just go to settings as though you were going to set a background and look for that folder, you should find images in there.

10. macrumors newbie

It works with this picture but the one I downloaded from google. No idea why. Anyway thanks.

11. macrumors 65816

fsck-y dingo

Is the one that doesn't work a png file instead of a jpg? While iOS displays png files all photos are saved as jpg. Either that or maybe the vertical resolution isn't the correct size. Just guessing since I'm not using iOS 7.

12. macrumors member

It's definitely possible to have them added to the panorama folder. The system does it automatically.

Automatically that is, if the panorama meets a width and height criteria. I don't know the exacts but it took a little bit for the system to generate the folder in the first place. I kept taking panoramas but it wasn't doing anything. I had to make a full panorama for it to work. I didn't do a full test to see what's required and I haven't looked but, frustrating no matter.

13. macrumors member

I downloaded the picture in the first post, and the wallpaper showed as all black. But I restarted my phone and it showed up.

14. xraytech, Jun 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2013

macrumors 68020

15. macrumors 65816

For a second I thought you'd taken that one with your iPhone. Too bad :) .

16. xraytech, Jun 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2013

macrumors 68020

Have fun with these...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. macrumors newbie

That's fantastic, thank you.

----------

I'm trying to get the hang of 'centering' the image when the device is stationary (like iPad on, sitting in case displaying just the home screen). Anyone figured out a trick for that yet?

On another note, I love how the dock and folders take on the hues of the wallpaper...lovely.

18. macrumors newbie

Pano jumping around

I have tried all the panos and even tried resizing them to 1136 for Iphone5 but they keep jumping around in the homescreen as they look only half height? Panos I took myself are fine and work a treat

Anyone else having this issue?

Anyone know hoe to fix it

19. macrumors newbie

20. macrumors 68020

iapplelove

I know how to fix it. Wait for the gm release

21. macrumors newbie

Thats helpful iapplelove......

22. macrumors 68020

iapplelove

Dude. It's doing the same thing for me man. On my iPad trying to use a panorama for a background wallpaper at this time on beta 2 is even more frustrating.

At this stage it's just buggy some work great some don't and do as you described

23. macrumors newbie

I've managed to get it working. It works if you save the pictures when browsing on the iPhone. It doesn't if you get them on another computer and upload to photostream.

24. macrumors 65816

Simplicated

Using a panoramic picture as the wallpaper makes me dizzy. I reckon some people will like it, it's just not my taste...

25. macrumors 65816

Maybe Apple will allow the wallpaper to slowly scroll (fluidly) without us needing to move the phone?