iOS 7 saves Apple!

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by robertkarlsen, Jun 21, 2013.

1. robertkarlsen, Jun 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2013

macrumors regular

robertkarlsen

When my parents got an iPhone each i thought they would complain about the phone is to complicated, how they dont understand itunes etc...but the only thing they said was: "- this phone looks boring and old. Only icons everywhere and they are ugly." Then now, i showed them iOS7. They got blown away.

What i'm trying to say is, that Apple , with iOS7, save themselves from being "the-same-old-boring".

They are giving iPhones new life, a more beautiful life, and it was about time they did it...

dont you agree?

2. macrumors regular

I don't know if this "Saves Apple" as they weren't exactly dying… but Yes 100%. It's a step in the right direction for sure.

3. macrumors 68030

BasicGreatGuy

I think it is a bit early to make such a statement. I do like iOS 7. If I showed my parents (both SG3 users) iOS 7, it wouldn't mean anything to them, as they have both drunk the anti-Apple juice the Sister in Law gave them.

4. macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

When they said "only icons everywhere" what did you show them? There are still icons everywhere?:confused:

I'm not complaining I love iOS, it just that your post doesn't make sense.

5. macrumors 68000

definitive

it's still the same layout, so in conclusion: placebo effect.

6. macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

iOS 7 doesn't save anything. First, it's not an OS that anyone can use yet and second, Apple didn't need saving. It is great that your parents like it but two people feeling like it is better than what it once was does not mean anything was failing in the first place.

7. macrumors 65816

iOS 7, in itself, shows that Apple is headed where most probably want it to head. Many of those features are Android/jailbreak stuff. Just cuz its done in Android, doesnt mean the idea sucks. Android sucks because it is usually poorly matched to the hardware running it.

For me, iOS needs to begin with widget-y ideas. Not a full blown widget, but something similar such as the weather app icon showing the current temp and some color code for rain...The icon could show a sun for sunny, cloud for cloudy, cloud with rain for rain. ect. They made the clock app live...

How about a scrolling news feed wallpaper that utilizes the new parallax/panorama tech? (Tilt to the left to see your news feeds...tilt right to see something else)

Im sure Apple could make these ideas classy, fluid, and functional.

8. macrumors 68020

How bizarre.

Apple does not need saving, nor will iOS7 mean anything of significance till the Pro-Apple press fawn over it repeatedly.

It's all just Apples version of things.

9. macrumors member

:p

so true...nothing is different command center added which was needed years ago, and new colors lolz

however i do like, may need to downgrade because i cant handle the bugs right now

10. macrumors 68030

BasicGreatGuy

Orkin.

11. macrumors 6502a

It is new because something like 80% of iPhone users don't jailbreak. So they will be pleased and delighted with the command centre. I think the forums become a bit of an echo chamber in that sense, because everyone here is the type to jailbreak or know what Android has to offer, but a lot of iPhone users aren't like that.

12. macrumors 68030

BasicGreatGuy

Good point. While I am aware of what "jailbreak" is, I have never had a desire to implement such. And as such, iOS 7 looks and feels new to me.

13. macrumors 6502a

STiNG Operation

I noticed some "zephyr" like actions, but I'm really going to miss swipe from bottom to get out of apps when I go to iOS 7.

14. macrumors 65816

You sound bitter.

15. macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

Everything is different except the icon layout :confused:

16. macrumors 68020

Just an experienced observer :D

17. macrumors 68030

BasicGreatGuy

I find the new way of closing apps is easier (for me) in iOS 7.

----------

Speaking of which.... I wonder why the main screen is keeping the bottom right empty of icons? Even after adding apps, those two spots have stayed empty.

18. macrumors 6502a

New apps get installed to your second screen (or 3rd, or 4th, etc. if the 2nd is full). Has been this way for a while now.

19. Guest

falconeight

I agree and I think it saved apple's iPhone. I love apple and I am really tired of iOS 6. If it remained I would have switched to WP8.

20. macrumors 68030

BasicGreatGuy

I know that. You missed my point. The main screen is uneven, so far as number of rows that are filled by icons. The bottom right on the screen is missing two icons, as far as I can tell. It looks odd to me.

----------

Blasphemer! Mods might need to check this member out. :p

21. macrumors 6502a

I don't understand your point, sorry. Or how it's different in iOS 7. The iOS 6 installs with 3 blanks, iOS 7 with 2 blanks.

22. macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

I think if you check iOS 6 its the same. (Apple site show 3 missing icons on iOS 6)

23. macrumors 68030

BasicGreatGuy

My memory was wrong on the iOS 6 screen with my 4s. I thought all had been filled. Amazing what one forgets after messin' around with a new iOS.

Thanks to you and Monkey for the correction. Still odd to me. Doesn't look right, in my opinion.

24. macrumors regular

Do you not just move them around?

25. macrumors 68030

BasicGreatGuy

I may be in the minority, but I like the direction Apple is headed with iOS 7. I think some of the icons are blah. But, what is more important to me, is the strength, stability, and usability of the OS. I like what I see thus far.