Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aditya_S

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 25, 2016
It's not a major problem but I'm using iOS 10 PB 7 and I'm in a group chat with the rest being on iOS 9 except one iPhone 4 user on iOS 7. Whenever the iPhone 4 user texts, I don't see his texts on the main group chat, theyre just sent as a new group chat. Why is this happening if they're just normal texts and I'm not even using the new iMessage features?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
It's not a major problem but I'm using iOS 10 PB 7 and I'm in a group chat with the rest being on iOS 9 except one iPhone 4 user on iOS 7. Whenever the iPhone 4 user texts, I don't see his texts on the main group chat, theyre just sent as a new group chat. Why is this happening if they're just normal texts and I'm not even using the new iMessage features?
Perhaps something about the way that user sends messages? Some setting they don't have enabled or something else like that?

PurrBall

macrumors 65816
Oct 25, 2007
Indianapolis
The iPhone 4 user needs to enable MMS support, this is a requirement for SMS chats to group together (iMessage can do it just fine)

Hermes Monster

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2010
UK
Perhaps it's to do with the user sending the original or subsequent messages from a different number or e-mail attached to iMessage? This has happened before with me, where someone has started a chat on their iPad using their email and then responds from their phone using their phone number

Bladery

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2015
iMessage is so buggy anyway!
We tried to have a group chat via iMessage but when one participant texted something, suddenly iMessage created a new group for just this message!

Besides, it often doesn't show "Delivered" even it was.

DaveOP

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2011
Portland, OR
iMessage is so buggy anyway!
We tried to have a group chat via iMessage but when one participant texted something, suddenly iMessage created a new group for just this message!

Besides, it often doesn't show "Delivered" even it was.

Group iMessage never shows delivery notifications.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.