Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rainbowsofwhite

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2011
I'm quite enjoying the new ios7, don't have any problems with it...even starting to LOVE it...I think.

But my wife and her work colleagues are not happy though.
My wife tells me that her whole office were discussing how unhappy they were with new ios7.

Can't please everyone I suppose.

Paradoxally

macrumors 68000
Feb 4, 2011
I hope Apple offers those whiners a cheap Android phone for Xmas (you know, those that take like a day to open an app and scrolling is barely possible). In two days I'll bet they'll be back to using an iPhone with 0 complaints.

WilliamLondon

macrumors 68000
Dec 8, 2006
What a hoot! They should get together with all those people who looked at an iPad mini screen and ended up with migraines, or perhaps they're the same people? ;-)

carlgo

macrumors 68000
Dec 29, 2006
Monterey CA
No, othficer I ain't not drinking...it wath O eth seven that maked me pulled over.

(For those who regularly accidently get a contact high at a party...how is the effect then?)

JayJayAbels

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2012
I've decided to open a class action lawsuit vs Apple because iOS 7 gives me anxiety attacks.

My girlfriend also left me due to iOS 7's animations.

This needs to end now.

Corrode

macrumors 65816
Dec 26, 2008
Calgary, AB
Seriously?

People just want to complain about something.

Yeah, I also hate when people with epilepsy complain about flashing lights that induce seizures. Such whiners.

(Maybe we should consider where these people are coming from and consider the CHANCE that they have a legitimate condition or concern instead of just lashing out judgements and calling them complainers.)

ThunderSkunk

macrumors 68040
Dec 31, 2007
Milwaukee Area
that is true. But this generation has more of a platform to voice these concerns. Generations back didn't have this much media to bitch on.

Which generation are you talking about?
I'd bet the people complaining about this the most ARE the older generation.

...that oft-romanticized mythical generation where men were REAL men, and women were REAL women, and no one complained, and all were noble and just in all things, and not abusive racist selfish greedy bigots at all, and gods were on their side, because they sacrificed all to fight for good against evil enemies, and then bred like rabbits and destabilized economies and bankrupted nations and destroyed cultures and became just like the enemies they fought but it's all okay because here, look at this flag waving, and now are expecting at least two generations to figure out how to pay for the global economy-shattering bill they racked up in all the crazy crap they vote for, PLUS their health care from now til the end of time. Without a thank you. Because it's everyone else in the future of mankind that owes them everything, forever.

What an awesome generation.

bchery21

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2009
Boston, MA
Exactly, it's just troll-bait for the rapid anti-Apple posters on that website. At least it got the Verge 500+ comments and a bump to the front page since yesterday. :rolleyes:

True but like most Verge comment sections the topic quickly took a turn and apparently it's all about the A7's speed and who has the fastest chip...

notjustjay

macrumors 603
Sep 19, 2003
Canada, eh?
Did these people not experience issues with previous iOS versions? It too had animations for switching between apps, etc.

I turned off parallax effects because I wanted to save battery life.

whooleytoo

macrumors 604
Aug 2, 2002
Cork, Ireland.
Seriously?

People just want to complain about something.

What a bunch of fairies.

I hate this generation of pansies we live in. Always complaining about everything. No matter what someone is offended or butt hurt.

Get a palm pilot if you can't handle a bit of animation on a tablet.

Wow i feel a ******** lawsuit coming from this. What is wrong with people. The zoom isn't all that different then before except it comes from the icon you open and not the middle of the screen and like the article said you can turn off parallax. Todays world is made of a bunch of little bitches who just "bitch" about everything.

Uh... irony?

nefan65

macrumors 65816
Apr 15, 2009
It might be wise to realize that the following people might not have been able to function in society and achieve what they achieved if "survival of the fittest" was the way forward:

• Alexander Graham Bell (learning disability)
  • Thomas Edison (Slightly deaf, learning disability)
  • Albert Einstein (Aspbergers Syndrome, possibly dyslexic)
  • Henry Ford (Dyslexic)
  • Stephen Hawking (Motor neurone disease)
  • Isaac Newton (Stutter, epilepsy)
  • Leonardo Da Vinci (dyslexic)
  • Pythagoras (epilepsy)
  • H.G. Wells (diabetes)

Eric Cartman had Assburgers too.

Sol

macrumors 68000
Jan 14, 2003
Australia
John Wayne must be rolling in his grave.

Is this seriously what men have come to? Are we now too sensitive to look at an iPad because it simulates depth?"

"Oh, poor me. I have been made ill from all this simulated depth on my iPhone. I just have to take the day off to come to my senses lest I faint at the sight of a zooming icon. Oh, I am getting flustered now! I can't even drink my soy decaf latté with one teaspoon of stevia!"

MacDarcy

macrumors 65816
Jul 21, 2011
Motion sickness? Oh please. I suffer from motion sickness on a boat. But not while using my ipad. No issue here.

darklyt

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2007
Lucille Austero.jpg

Lucille 2 anyone?

On a serious note though, maybe Apple can show people how to turn off parallax during set-up and give a way to disable some of the animations? They have so many things in Accessibility, this wouldn't be too difficult to do I would think.

thebeans

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2009
You have to be kidding me!!??!! I can see it now. Pukegate here we come. Bunch of freaking morons.

unconvinced

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2006
I'm stunned by the extent posters in this forum are so dismissive of the complaints. You are embarassing people who use Apple products but still value the ability to be critical.

Last edited:

Nahaz

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2010
Australia
To all the people making fun of others struggling with the incessant and unnecessary animations in iOS 7, you all should be ashamed of yourselves. It sounds like most of you take your health for granted - not everyone is so lucky. I suffer from bouts of dizziness, vertigo, and migraines stemming from a medical condition. As Apple has always prided itself on its catering to those with disabilities

While I don't suffer from any problems with my Apple hardware, I can understand how something like this could affect some users.

Hopefully Apple will release an update that fixes the problem so everyone can enjoy their iDevices.

Berserker-UK

macrumors regular
Jan 4, 2012
Berkshire, UK
How do these people manage in everyday normal life?

With difficulty, sometimes. Ask any Vertigo sufferer.

The problem here is caused by the vestibular system telling the brain one thing while the eyes tell it another.

Moving the iDevice away from the eyes will help in many cases.

OC40

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2013
Chicago, IL
Mcdonalds coffee spill = "caution hot" on every beverage cup.

iOS 7 motion = "caution may cause motion sickness" on every apple device.

WeegieMac

Jan 29, 2008
Glasgow, UK
If someone went to their line manager in our office and said "I need to go home, I feel dizzy after using my iPhone" they'd be told to sit back down and get on with their work.

Unbelieve example of corporate laziness and opportunism to take time off "sick".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.