Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jxwyz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2013
It's not just that there is too much white space in IOS 7 but something about the color itself. Very fatiguing to the eyes, causes irritability, and ruins the crispness of the fonts. After a day, I went back to 6.1 on both iPad4 and iphone5 and it made a tremendous difference. Get back while you can. The light ruins anything that runs on top of it -- even turning the intensity down very low didn't help. As more people realize this, it is going to be a major drawback to IOS 7. Someone who knows what they are doing should investigate to see which 'color' white Apple is using.

bpeeps

Suspended
May 6, 2011
I'm someone who knows that they are doing, I investigated, and Apple is using #FFFFFF.

Jxwyz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2013
question to bpeeps

So is #FFFFFF the same color used in 6.1.3?

MartyCan

macrumors 68000
Oct 31, 2012
Near Toronto, ON
Isn't Apple about battery life? Isn't white the most power intensive color to display?

I gotta admit I am having trouble finding the thin line and light blue control targets on the white background.

Earth to Jon Ivey, too much white space!

Radiating

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2011
Isn't Apple about battery life? Isn't white the most power intensive color to display?

I gotta admit I am having trouble finding the thin line and light blue control targets on the white background.

The phone is always displaying white, when displaying black the display simply covers the white up with black pixels. There is no difference in battery life.

Curun

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2013

No, you are confusing Androids and iPhones.

IPhone displays use IPS type LCD that sips the same low power no matter the picture.

Androids using AMOLED use a lot if battery displaying white.

MartyCan

macrumors 68000
Oct 31, 2012
Near Toronto, ON
OK, thanks for clearing that up but it's still too white a lot of the time. I prefer some differentiation of the various areas of the screen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.