Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jacks77

macrumors member
May 19, 2015
Worked on my watch, not on the phone - so I'm happy, as I haven't yet used my phone for Apple Pay.

BSben

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2012
UK
HSBC debit card added early this morning without a problem, HSBC Credit Card is stuck in Activating....

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
I was able to add my HSBC debit card first time round without hassle. Having tried multiple times to add it to my watch it still isn't working. I've just tried again several times with the same message to contact card issuer. I can't contact them as I'm overseas. It makes no sense that I was able to add it to my phone but not my watch. After the two delay this just takes the biscuit. They better get it sorted soon.

markhort

macrumors 68000
Aug 28, 2010
UK
I tried to put through £22 in Boots yesterday. Didn't work. They haven't removed the £20 limit but they will be soon, so I was told by one of their staff.

Last edited:

Crazy Badger

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2008
Scotland
I've added my First Direct Credit Card and entered the verification number sent via SMS but it's still showing as "Your card is being activated"

Can't quite understand everyones frustration and impatience though, as it's not like Apple or HSBC have taken something away. Just continue to use the plastic until it's up and running :D

Jordanbanimator

macrumors member
Apr 26, 2015
finally HSBC customers can use apple pay , i Added my HSBC debit early this morning extremly quick :) even though ive just been to aload of shops i didnt want to spend money lol :)

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
I've added my First Direct Credit Card and entered the verification number sent via SMS but it's still showing as "Your card is being activated"

Can't quite understand everyones frustration and impatience though, as it's not like Apple or HSBC have taken something away. Just continue to use the plastic until it's up and running :D

It's the principal of the matter. ;)

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
First Direct debit added flawlessly. First Direct credit card on the other hand is still stuck activating. Guessing they have to do something their side to approve.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.