Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ladytonya

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2008
Doing the 4U section, there were only 3 bands I liked..how can I add more?

After you choose your genres, once artists appear you can press and hold the ones you don't like. Also at the bottom, if you click on More Artists the ones showing go away and new ones appear. On artists you really like you tap them twice and they appear bigger in your chosen artists. I am really liking this For You section of the app!

Currently listening to the Beats 1 Ambient 1 channel with sound checks and all, hoping it goes live in a few before this puts me to sleep! Want to hear the launch.

ladytonya

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2008
Yep, it is live! Of course, they talked about choosing the first song to play and then pick this? SMH. Never heard of this band before but it is interesting listening to the launch!

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Yep, it is live! Of course, they talked about choosing the first song to play and then pick this? SMH. Never heard of this band before but it is interesting listening to the launch!
Yep, although I forgot what that album was, when it was playing. :p

The only drawback is: this eats up countless data. So I cannot keep it on on my phone, unless I am wealthy enough to pay overused data. :(

ladytonya

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2008
I'm connected to WiFi at work right now. Pretty much the only time I'm not connected to WiFi is when I'm in my car so I really see me using this a lot. So far with what I have played with, I am loving it!

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2008
When listening to the radio stations, is there any limit to how many times you can skip a song?

I don't think so if you pay for iTunes Match or Apple Music.

But spoiler alert because someone is going to ask this: You cannot skip songs on Beats 1. It's live radio.

rodsepp

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2015
Is anyone coming up with the error "unable to install update an error occured installing ios 8.4" ? Any solutions?

iZac

macrumors 68030
Apr 28, 2003
UK
Have you checked the Apple Music pages on Apple's site? It explains it. It's slightly different for each country. The equivalent of iTunes Radio is free in the U.S., but the amount of skips is dependent on location and membership. If you're a member, you get unlimited skips. In the U.S. You get 6 skips on the free end. Check your country's site for the checklist that's for you. In the UK, it appears the iTunes Radio is membership only, currently. Looks like we have the music industry to blame for that here.

http://www.apple.com/music/membership/

Edited to add link.

Cheers,

I was googling wrong because I was looking specifically regarding iTunes Match. I guess the 100,000 track boost was to distract users from the fact they were losing the radio bonus.

Freeks

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2009
But spotify has less of a catalog than Apple, so there's going to be quite a bit of migration for that, along with people preferring the ease of native integration for iOS.
Less?
Prince is on Spotify and not on Apple Music. And he is not alone.
(In my books Prince is something over Taylor Swift)

Spotify users already have the app installed. Also many teleoprators include free spotify with their mobile plans.

shandyman

Suspended
Apr 24, 2010
Dublin, Ireland
Less?

Spotify users already have the app installed. Also many teleoprators include free spotify with their mobile plans.

Yes, less. Spotify has 6 artists less than Apple, at a minimum.

A lot of Spotify users have to bounce between the native app and Spotify app if they listen to one of those missing artists, now they don't have to. As for teleoperators, that's nothing much in the grand scheme of things. I know quite a people that get Spotify as part of their mobile plan, but don't even use it, and signed up to Apple Music.

sammich

macrumors 601
Sep 26, 2006
Sarcasmville.
Less?

Artist exclusives are the spec wars of the streaming world. The difference is academic to everyone who isn't a fan of said artist's work. And like many other's have said, fans will already have that person's work in their purchased library, nullifying the exclusivity benefit for the service holding it.

Besides, exclusivity against Apple in this case is probably not a good thing. Just like game exclusives to a particular platform/console only hurts the developer.

xqz5199

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2015
I can’t wait for the iOS 9.0! This can really make me devoted to Apple for the great entertaining music available on iTunes for years. It is a good way of extending its world domination as the best provider of online music. I hope the planned increase in the current 25,000-track limit for iTunes takes effect soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.