Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jwilson25

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 25, 2009
I'm stumped by this one...I haven't figured out a way to play all albums, in their correct song order, by an artist in the music app. In the old app, I would just pick the artist, select the first song from the first album and off it would go. Today I tried to do that and the first album I picked it just kept playing the songs from it over and over. I was able to add them to the "Up Next", but it just puts all the songs in alphabetical order, which is not what I want.

Fluttershy

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2012
Australia
This doesn't work for me - I load the artist with like 7 albums, and there's no Artist picture to click. I play the first album but it only queues the first album.

This is really frustrating the **** out of me!!!

davehutch

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2009
Croxley, Herts
This doesn't work for me - I load the artist with like 7 albums, and there's no Artist picture to click. I play the first album but it only queues the first album.

This is really frustrating the **** out of me!!!
Click the artist's picture when you're viewing it in the list of artists, not once you've selected the individual artist

Galley

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2008
You click the artist's picture (not their name) and it starts playing the first album, and the next. (you can verify this in Up Next)
That certainly works, but the albums are still sorted in reverse chronological order (and have been since iOS 7).

fitshaced

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2011
How do you repeat all on an album or playlist? I can only see shuffle.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.