iOS 8 Beta 3 Reportedly Not Launching Until Tuesday, July 8

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jun 26, 2014.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The third beta release of iOS 8 will not occur until Tuesday, July 8, according to a report from BGR. That timeframe would mark a three-week interval following the release of the second beta last week.

Apple commonly begins seeding versions of its major new iOS versions on roughly two-week intervals, moving to three-week intervals later in the testing period as work progresses. For example, with iOS 7 last year, the second and third betas arrived two weeks after their predecessors with the fourth beta shifting to a three-week interval. Apple did, however, then follow that with several intervals of around a week as it pushed out an urgent bug fix.

iOS 6 followed a similar pattern without the interim bug fix, seeing a two-week interval leading up to the second beta before quickly shifting to three-week intervals for the third and fourth betas.

BGR has a good, but not perfect, track record in predicting iOS beta releases, so it seems likely that there will be no iOS 8 beta release next week.

Article Link: iOS 8 Beta 3 Reportedly Not Launching Until Tuesday, July 8

2. AppleFan91 macrumors 65816

AppleFan91

Being 100% realistic, since BGR is saying July 8, it's a safe bet that it will be ANY other day but July 8

3. johnnyjibbs macrumors 68030

johnnyjibbs

Damn. Beta 2 is the buggiest ios beta I've ever tested. No 4G, and twice now my phone has completely frozen on me with the only way to fix it being to wait 4 hours for the battery to run out before charging again!!

4. spencers macrumors 68020

spencers

The sooner the better. Went back to 7.1.1 on my daily because 8 was entirely too buggy

5. mcfly88 macrumors 6502

I completely agree, beta 1 was a lot more stable. Beta 2 feels a bit smoother, but freezes and crashes far more.

6. GreggM3 macrumors 6502

7. Erastopic macrumors regular

Erastopic

I hope this won't affect the Yosemite updates. :(

8. fkick macrumors newbie

You can force a hard reboot of the phone by holding down both the home button and power button at the same time until the white apple appears. With beta 2 I'm having to do this at least once every 4-6 hours.

9. TheBuffather macrumors 6502

TheBuffather

Not happy about this. Beta 2 seemed much more stable to me at first, but now I can hardly develop with it at all. Crash after crash. It's useless to me as a dev.

10. keysofanxiety macrumors 601

keysofanxiety

Agreed. MR already knows that a bit of web traffic comes from Apple's campus, so somebody in Cupertino is keeping up to date. I like to think Tim occasionally reads the articles and deliberately tells them to release at a different date as an epic troll move.

It's probably not true but you never know ... :)

11. dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

12. azentropy macrumors 68000

azentropy

Bummer. Running into a known issue in my iPad mini 32g where it keeps filling up every few days even though I only have 10gb of stuff on it. The only way I've been able to clear it is to reset everything and delete data and then restore.

13. madeinjersey macrumors newbie

madeinjersey

BGR, Really?!?!

So when has BGR become a reliable source?

14. fardeenah macrumors regular

actually it makes sense because beta 3 of ios 7 came 3 three weeks after beta 2. i assume ios 8 will follow ios 7 beta schedule

15. thekeyring macrumors 68030

Here's to hoping that when iOS 8 reaches the public release it's rock solid when it comes to stability.

16. bedifferent macrumors 603

bedifferent

IF this were true, then it may stand to reason that OS X 10.10 beta/DP 3 may follow suit.

17. Skika macrumors 68030

Thank god you are a developer and have this on your developer phone and not on your daily driver right?

18. Smith288 macrumors 6502a

Smith288

I'm a starving developer so my developer phone is my daily driver. Am I allowed under your rules?

19. unclevername macrumors newbie

Why would anyone assume that they would push a new beta or release during a holiday week?

20. Menge macrumors 6502a

Menge

Allowed? Sure! Wise? Nope! ( I'm also a single-phone developer )

21. wolsoncpa macrumors member

wolsoncpa

I'm not sure it makes sense to release it after a holiday week either... everybody waits to get back from vacation and then they hit "send"? It would make more sense to release it before a long break... or at least, just as much sense.

22. Dookieman macrumors 6502

Beta 2 is running fine on my iPhone 5. It runs a lot better than beta 1 did. Some apps act up or funny, but no freezing or needing to restart.

23. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

I did the same, two days after I installed iOS 8 lol.