iOS 8 Screenshot Reveals New Healthbook, Preview and TextEdit Icons

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Mar 13, 2014.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

A screenshot of an iOS 8 homescreen with the new Healthbook, Preview and TextEdit icons was posted to China's Weibo microblog and spotted by 9to5Mac. The source of the screenshot cannot be verified, but insiders close to 9to5Mac claim the icons represented in the image are legitimate.

[​IMG]
    Healthbook is Apple's rumored fitness app for iOS 8 and its icon revealed in the screenshot loosely matches earlier descriptions. It may connect to the iWatch and track vital health and fitness parameters such as calories burned, heart rate and potentially other statistics like hydration and blood glucose levels.

Preview and TextEdit may debut in iOS later this year as part of an expansion of Apple's iCloud service. Their icons mirror those of their OS X counterparts, which is unusual as Apple uses different icons for its OS X and iOS apps. This suggests the icons are placeholders and may change before the apps are released. Tips is an unknown app, and its role in iOS 8 is not certain.

Overall, the screenshot shows the iOS 8 design appearing essentially identical to that of iOS 7, although this may change over time as work continues on the next-generation operating system. Apple is expected to unveil iOS 8 later this year at WWDC 2014 and release it publicly sometime this fall. Besides underlying improvements to services like Maps and Siri, it also is expected to include health and fitness features that will integrate with Apple's iWatch wearable device.

Article Link: iOS 8 Screenshot Reveals New Healthbook, Preview and TextEdit Icons

2. macrumors 68020

pgiguere1

Mark Gurman from 9to5Mac has a 100% perfect track record when it comes to his own sources. Yeah, 100%, he’s never been wrong so far out of the 30 times he chimed in on something and it later got verified.

And now he’s saying:
    "I have confirmed with several sources that these shots are legitimate"

Of course those OS X-esque icons are placeholders, but I would still expect those feature in iOS 8 judging by Gurman's accuracy.

3. macrumors 6502a

Wuiffi

"legit" - yeah right...

4. macrumors 6502a

Pretty sure someone could mock this up with this much polish in say what an hour if that

5. macrumors regular

Bright!

Ouch. The colors are [still] bright. Hmm. Not a huge fan.

Also hoping for more "openness" to settings, etc.

6. macrumors newbie

Pen and paper in a paperless world? I doubt it!

7. macrumors 6502

Apple doesn't typically use OS X icons as placeholders for iOS (as far as I can remember), so my first guess is that this is obviously fake.

8. macrumors regular

Looks like, we are going to get a heart sensor, a calorie counter and a pedometer if the icons on health book are anything to go by.

No iTunes Radio app?

9. macrumors 68000

BJMRamage

It's like someone heard the latest rumors of iCloud "apps" and stuck quick shots on a space iOS background.

10. macrumors newbie

Lol! So they have just shrunk the preview and textedit icons from OSX and put them over black/white block colours. Obviously fake.

11. macrumors newbie

Looks fake to me. And there will no chance that Apple will use the exact same icon found on OS X for iOS.

12. macrumors 6502

iOS 8? WTH??? I'm still not over my hate for iOS 7.

13. macrumors member

lol straight copy paste of OSX icons, seems legit.

14. Guest

Sky Blue

I guess the trained chimpanzee they have that made the iOS 7 applications hasn't had time to work on the Preview and TextEdit icons yet.

15. 3bs
    macrumors 603

3bs

That's never going to happen.

16. Guest

Sky Blue

Might want to actual read the article first.

17. macrumors 65816

OldSchoolMacGuy

This.

18. macrumors 6502

I'm sceptical around the TextEdit app over anything else. Why would Apple put the 'quick and filthy' file editor tool into iOS? You can't see the filesystem, and I use TextEdit on my Mac solely to modify the .hosts file - why would it be on iOS?

Notes is there for the quick noting of 'stuff', and Pages does the whole lot. It's a middle-man product.

19. macrumors 68040

D.T.

“I’ve confirmed those unexplained lights in the sky, are in fact, reconnaissance vehicles for an alien invasion.”

- Mark Gurman

:eek:

20. macrumors 68000

AngerDanger

I really dig those icons! This is the kind of graphical overhaul we need; finally rid of skeuomorphic traces like… paper, pen, photographs, a magnif—Okay, okay, what the hell? I know they're placeholder icons, but it isn't difficult to throw a couple of gradients behind white outlines! :p

21. macrumors newbie

22. macrumors member

I can't handle how legit this is guys. Mind Blown.

23. macrumors 65816

How on earth can you know what icons Apple uses as placeholders?

24. macrumors 65816

OldSchoolMacGuy

They've never really used placeholders in the past. Generic icons, but not that crummy of placeholders. :rolleyes:

25. macrumors regular

Plus, you'll find the word Previews is ever so slightly off centre to the icon

EDIT: same for Healthbook

Attached Files: