Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

tiguanito

macrumors member
Mar 8, 2010
Reset All Settings. Just realize that, if you own an Apple Watch, you'll have to pair your watch again.

Well, I would like to avoid re-installing everything.
Figured out that the battery issue is related to Wifi. If I turn Off Wifi, the phone goes to standby again. If I turn it On , no standby. Same problem on several Wifi networks.
Will do a few more tests to try to understand the issue. I was happy before 9.2 !

I don't have an Apple watch, and haven't enabled Wifi calling on AT&T.

Stickharuhi

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2015
No. An intentional feature change from one iOS version to another is NOT an issue.
This is for me confused. I need that old concept, user the need iOS 9 concept (see my suggestion). Pls help me!! Is my suggestion bad :(:(:(

Not forget maybe bug only.

adnbek

macrumors 68000
Oct 22, 2011
Montreal, Quebec
This is for me confused. I need that old concept, user the need iOS 9 concept (see my suggestion). Pls help me!! Is my suggestion bad :(:(:(

Not forget maybe bug only.

Sorry bud, don't think it's a bug. It's a privacy feature. I notice the same behaviour with my banking apps being blacked out in the app switcher so I don't think it's by accident.

mconk

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2009
Virginia
iphone 6 & 6s+ - world clock app doesn't update unless you kill the app and go back or toggle to alarm and back to world clock. Is this happening to anyone else?
Yup...reported this in previous betas. Still not fixed.

I also am still having an issue with Bluetooth headphones disconnecting when skipping songs that are on my device in the Music app.

Also having the audio buzz issue - any audio or alerts will randomly just make a buzzing noise. No actual audio will play from the speaker without a a hard reset.

Otherwise, butter so far.

daraj

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2010
Anyone notice the color intensity of the screen is toned down comparing to 9.1? I immediately noticed it after upgrade

ediks

macrumors 6502
Nov 17, 2015
I dont know why it still isnt as fast as 8.4.1 or 7.1.2 . It is practically the same system just with some minor improvements.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I dont know why it still isnt as fast as 8.4.1 or 7.1.2 . It is practically the same system just with some minor improvements.
Probably because it's not practically the same system given that they put Metal in for use for actual OS UI among various other changes under the hood.

lolkthxbai

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2011
Anyone notice the color intensity of the screen is toned down comparing to 9.1? I immediately noticed it after upgrade
Check to make sure Darken Colors is not turned on under Accessibility>Increase Contrast

friednoodles

Suspended
Feb 4, 2014
Getting this bug on an iPhone 5S - the Wi-Fi icon persists on the status bar greyed out when not connected (should show cellular connection type), even when in Aeroplane Mode. A restart is the only way to fix it.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    14.2 KB · Views: 239
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    9.4 KB · Views: 284

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013
Probably because it's not practically the same system given that they put Metal in for use for actual OS UI among various other changes under the hood.
Which leads me to question why did they try to fix something that wasn't broken.In an unoptimised state Metal is slower than OpenGL.Once optimised a best case scenario is it matching OpenGL.So what was the point?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Which leads me to question why did they try to fix something that wasn't broken.In an unoptimised state Metal is slower than OpenGL.Once optimised a best case scenario is it matching OpenGL.So what was the point?
To make it better I would assume and perhaps to streamline some underlying frameworks and perhaps to move closer to a tighter integration with hardware. That they didn't quite succeed so far doesn't mean that it can't be done or that those particular efforts are what's behind it specifically.

lolkthxbai

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2011
Metal actually removes a lot of the overhead from OpenGL and brings the graphics much closer to the GPU. That's the reason why Metal was a much better choice than OpenGL. And there really isn't any proof yet that shows Metal is to blame for anything.

Reactions: Cuqua1

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Minor?

9.2 compared to 7.1.2 is practically a totally rewriten OS. With all the new features and with some of them being so deeply integrated into iOS, nearly the entire iOS code has been changed since iOS 7 days and even much has changed from iOS 8. Just because it "looks" the same doesn't mean a ton you don't see (the code) hasn't been massively altered.

jonnyb098

macrumors 68040
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
• Safari app preview window still blank via multitasking (Open Safari app, go to homescreen, open multitasking) -- Screenshot? Yes!

This seems to happen only when you are you using PRIVATE MODE. So i think it's meant to do that. works when in normal mode.
Well considering its private mode it makes sense for it to NOT show a preview is someone starts scrolling through your app switcher

madsci954

macrumors 68030
Oct 14, 2011
Ohio
I can not reproduce!! I use current Pages version and iOS version, create new document, tap the share button, send a copy, then add the small kb file in a mail, send to other email address, can open the file.
https://support.apple.com/kb/PH17147?

Try this:
- compose a new email or reply to an email in Mail.
- tap on the text field then the ">" then "Add Attachment"
- select an iWork file in iCloud and tap

Does it attach? Because it doesn't attach for me.

Trying it your way, I can attach files.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.