Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Zeeshee

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 28, 2013
Please report bugs to bugreport.apple.com (a developer account is not required to do this).

iOS 9.3 beta 6
Availability:
Developer Beta and Public Beta
Build: 13E5231a

Bugs
(new to beta 6):
  • Sometimes app suggestions don't show in spotlight search
  • Search bar disappears in Messages when turned from landscape to portrait
  • Delayed response on iPhone 5
  • Keyboard improperly scaled in spotlight search
  • Calls fail if power button pressed in first few seconds of dialling
  • Alarms sometimes fails to activate
Fixes/Improvements
  • 3D Touch has no jerkiness (6s plus)
  • iPad Passcode Screen displays correctly
Changes:
  • 3D Touch quick action icons changed slightly
  • New setting for night shift
  • Nearby suggestions appeared in Bulgaria region
  • Invert colours while Night Shift is on will prompt to turn it off

Last edited:

chinanderm

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2014
Iowa
Hoping for some HomeKit fixes. When logged in to iCloud on my iPhone, HomeKit only half works. When not logged in, it works perfectly. Not sure if that's at iOS level or iCloud level.

Reactions: flappah and jgelin

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Silly question but what is the proper thing to do when GM is out? delete the beta profile and restart and do a regular update or do you have to restore to 9.2.1 then do an update? I was never clear on this.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Silly question but what is the proper thing to do when GM is out? delete the beta profile and restart and do a regular update or do you have to restore to 9.2.1 then do an update? I was never clear on this.
Personally, I delete the profile and download the full update via iTunes, unless the Public Release OTA happens to be the full download.

bbrks

macrumors 65816
Dec 17, 2013
Download IPSW 9.3 and do a full DFU restore....for the sake of a new jailbreak :)

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Personally, I delete the profile and download the full update via iTunes, unless the Public Release OTA happens to be the full download.

In the past I usually just did a DFU restore > NEW to whatever is the latest and then updated via OTA or iTunes. Was curious if there was an easier method.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
In the past I usually just did a DFU restore > NEW to whatever is the latest and then updated via OTA or iTunes. Was curious if there was an easier method.
I hardly ever restore as new. Especially with having an Apple Watch. If I have any problems, I typically restore as new and restore from iCloud backup. iCloud backup doesn't carry as much junk over as an iTunes backup.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
I hardly ever restore as new. Especially with having an Apple Watch. If I have any problems, I typically restore as new and restore from iCloud backup. iCloud backup doesn't carry as much junk over as an iTunes backup.

hmm, I have icloud backup turned off because it was being stupid.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Will check too. As trying to get any support or replies whatsoever from EA is akin to getting blood out of a stone. I have never seen such disgraceful service
Yes, please let me know. So far I am seeing mixed results.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.