Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

lovewd

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 28, 2013
iOS 9 beta 1
Just starting this thread out now because we all know as soon as the beta hits, this is the kind of post that blows up. I'll make it a wiki. Hoping for the best with iOS 9!!!!

Reactions: The Doctor11

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Looking forward to this version of iOS as well.

Tell you what? Invert color and grey scale is really friendly for eyes, especially at night. It is not only a function to feel cool, but also a practical feature to save eyes.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Looking forward to this version of iOS as well.

Tell you what? Invert color and grey scale is really friendly for eyes, especially at night. It is not only a function to feel cool, but also a practical feature to save eyes.
Both are workarounds, but both are not great workarounds.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Both are workarounds, but both are not great workarounds.

And what I do is combining them together. This looks great, in its own way.

Of course, I lose all colors. This is not a good workaround for a dark environment. Dark mode is better.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Still, rumours.
Right, which really shouldn't be in this thread. Although even more realistically there wasn't much of a reason to have this thread before anything about iOS 9 was actually mentioned by Apple.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Right, which really shouldn't be in this thread. Although even more realistically there wasn't much of a reason to have this thread before anything about iOS 9 was actually mentioned by Apple.
But that in fact doesn't matter much when many members love guessing what would happen in the future.
Yes, you know. Before something happens, everyone can imagine what that thing could happen. After everything is clear, I expect there could be less members discussing it.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
But that in fact doesn't matter much when many members love guessing what would happen in the future.
Yes, you know. Before something happens, everyone can imagine what that thing could happen. After everything is clear, I expect there could be less members discussing it.
Sure, and plenty of those discussions. This type of thread isn't really for that though--which is why it makes sense to have it once something is actually mentioned by Apple.

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England
This thread shouldn't even exist. None of them should. Last year MacRumours waited until iOS 8 was officially unveiled before creating the iOS 8 threads.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
This thread shouldn't even exist. None of them should. Last year MacRumours waited until iOS 8 was officially unveiled before creating the iOS 8 threads.
I was somewhat surprised to see the iOS 9 forum already, rather than seeing it on Monday. But I guess with everything going on with WWDC on Monday they probably wanted to get a bit of a head start on some of the logics.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Sure, and plenty of those discussions. This type of thread isn't really for that though--which is why it makes sense to have it once something is actually mentioned by Apple.
I didnt know what happened before I knew this forum. Maybe this is the very first time macrumor.com does this so irregular.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida

Yeah, because Apple may not even announce an iOS update.

/sarcasm

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.