Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Spacedust

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2009
LTE on T-Mobile Poland and Orange Poland still doesn't work. Other networks like Plus and Play works well with LTE.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
It's funny that people will miss a change like this but spot that the battery icon in settings has rounded corners.
Well hate to say it but its not that way for me on iP6. They are still a tad smaller as they go left just as its always been in iOS 9. Perhaps why folks are noticing the battery icon instead. :)

UsK

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2015
Does anyone else notice the devices are warming up? Since beta 5, both iPhone 5s and iPad Air2 are extremely hot to the point I have to give them a few minutes next to the A/C. And also the battery drained fairly quick (20%/hour?)

Skoal

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2009
Does anyone else notice the devices are warming up? Since beta 5, both iPhone 5s and iPad Air2 are extremely hot to the point I have to give them a few minutes next to the A/C. And also the battery drained fairly quick (20%/hour?)

This hasn't been happening on my iPhone 6 or retina iPad mini since beta 1. It was awful then but so far no issues since.

simoneves

macrumors member
Dec 22, 2003
So somebody earlier in this thread said that "backup was fixed", but I'm on PB3 and I'm still not able to do iCloud backups. I have deleted the existing backup for the phone, but it made no difference. For now, I'm just backing up manually in iTunes to my Mac every few days when I think of it, but I hope they're gonna fix this soon! :(

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
So somebody earlier in this thread said that "backup was fixed", but I'm on PB3 and I'm still not able to do iCloud backups. I have deleted the existing backup for the phone, but it made no difference. For now, I'm just backing up manually in iTunes to my Mac every few days when I think of it, but I hope they're gonna fix this soon! :(

I'm starting to think this was intentional. Maybe too many people were overwriting their last "production" backup with a "beta" backup, finding showstopper bugs and trying to revert only to find they couldn't restore from the beta backup.

People running beta software generally know how to plug the phone into the computer and back up, so that's probably the way to go.

tosbsas

macrumors 65816
Nov 22, 2008
Lima, Peru

Did you try one or two Hardreset?

Press lock and home Button at the same Time Till Phone shuts off

jamesg007

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2015
This appears new in iOS 9. Not sure if Beta 5 or earlier. Don't think I've seen this mentioned yet.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-08-10 at 7.39.08 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-08-10 at 7.39.08 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 180
Reactions: moebis

960design

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2012
Destin, FL
Complex passcode ( lock screen ) still buggy. The screen is non responsive about 30% of the time. Tap the power button to put it to sleep and back on and the keyboard is responsive again, allowing me to enter characters and open my iPad.

Skoal

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2009
Not sure if any of you use tapatalk but I've noticed since the 1st or 2nd beta that when you tap on a thread post reminder you've subscribed to it takes you to the first post in the thread instead of the new post. Annoying as hell

The1Kraken

macrumors newbie
Aug 27, 2015

Apple today released the fifth beta of iOS 9, and as with the previous iOS 9 betas, there are a few new features and tweaks bundled into the release. WiFi calling for AT&T users has been introduced and is coming soon, Apple's debuted several new wallpapers, and there are tweaks to CarPlay and the iPhone keyboard.

Several bugs have been fixed in iOS 9 beta 5, and features like News and Siri Suggestions are working more smoothly than ever. With approximately a month and a half to go until release, iOS 9 is feeling faster, more polished, and more full featured. For those eager to know all about what's coming in iOS 9 ahead of its release, we've rounded up a complete list of the changes introduced with iOS 9 beta 5 below.

You can also check out all of the changes, large and small, that have been made in previous betas: iOS 9 beta 1, iOS 9 beta 2, iOS 9 beta 3, iOS 9 beta 4.

Wallpapers - Today's update includes a wide selection of new wallpapers, introducing images featuring close ups of feathers, flowers, plants, and more. Many older wallpapers have been removed, so people running iOS 8.4 should save their favorites now before they're deleted with the launch of iOS 9.

newwallpaper-800x600.jpg

WiFi Calling for AT&T - Beta 5 adds WiFi calling options for AT&T subscribers, but attempting to turn the option on results in a message saying WiFi calling is not yet available. The addition of the setting heralds the imminent release of the feature for AT&T users. Previously, WiFi calling was limited to T-Mobile and Sprint. There's also a new WiFi Assist feature that will "automatically use cellular data when Wi-Fi connectivity is poor."

wificalling-800x485.jpg

Apple Music - There's a new "Shuffle All" option at the top of My Music when in Song, Album, or Genre view. It'll play all songs in a music library on shuffle mode.

Keyboard tweaks - On the iPhone, the keyboard has been tweaked and simplified with new shift and backspace keys.

iphone6keyboardtweaks-800x191.jpg

Handoff - Handoff functionality has been changed in iOS 9 beta 5. Previously, Handoff had an option that would allow users to see lock screen suggestions for Apps in the App Store for a relevant location, but now only installed apps will be displayed. In the Settings app, Handoff options under General -> Handoff & Suggested Apps, the option to display App Store apps has been removed.

handoffoptions-800x402.jpg

Regulatory info - The General portion of the Settings app has a new "Regulatory" section that displays regulatory information for iOS devices. This was information was previously hidden (and is still located) in General --> About --> Legal.

regulatorysection-800x600.jpg

CarPlay - The CarPlay interface has been updated, changing the way images are displayed behind music controls and adding the ability to heart songs that are playing through Beats 1 radio or Apple Music.

Siri Suggestions - The Siri Suggestions interface has been tweaked slightly, removing the labels for calling and messaging a contact. Only icons are displayed now.

sirisuggestions-800x328.jpg

Text Replacements - In the Settings app, the section where you can create shortcuts for keys has been renamed "Text Replacements."

WiFi animation - There's a new animation that's used when WiFi is turned off. Instead of the bars disappearing one by one, the WiFi symbol now fades to gray before disappearing.

Additional feature updates in iOS 9 beta 5 will be added here as they are discovered. Apple is expected to release at least one or two more update to iOS 9 before the operating system's official launch. iOS 9 is expected to be released to the public in the fall alongside new iPhones.

Article Link: iOS 9 Beta 5 Tidbits: New Wallpapers, WiFi Calling for AT&T Users, and More
I am running iOS 9 Beta 5 on my iPad and iPhone and both show slightly different looking map icons (iPhone looks new iPad looks original). Also the satellite view looks updated in some locations. What do you think?....
image.png
image.png

pourali

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2015
Surprised that no one has yet talked about (not that I have seen yet) the ability to upload files (not just photos) from Safari!!! For those of us in school, this is huge!

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    430.3 KB · Views: 74

JimmyTheGent

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2015
UK
Has anyone else got the same issue with wallpapers. When I go to select a Wallpaper for example the lock screen, I am unable to select anything but "still". All of the live wallpapers are now stuck on "still" for me, I've tried a hard reset and no luck. Shame because it's probably my favourite app "lockscreen" since live wallpapers. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.