Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Look, folks...the "mockup" shows what a 2.5-inch screen would look like on a wrist. Nothing more.

The concept is just a decent idea of what iOS 7 would look like on a screen of that size.

It's been an hour since the first significant claim of a 2.5-inch iWatch. There will be more exploration of what it might look like, but this is a start.

pdaholic

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2011
If Apple makes this, I hope they use black electrical tape. That will be sweet.

Born Again

Suspended
May 12, 2011
Norcal
Lololol

Macrumors - this is embarrassing to post on your website

A piece of packaging tape and a poor photoshop render and it's front page?!

Lol - thanks for the laugh

madebylipsum

macrumors newbie
May 30, 2014
Nah

I think they'll actually make it look like a watch and not a miniature iPhone.

Last edited:

TsMkLg068426

macrumors 65816
Mar 31, 2009
Here is the real iWatch:
iPad-watch.jpg

dalbng

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2013
I can't even get around reading some of these comments... People don't have a sense of humor anymore?

lars666

macrumors 65816
Jul 13, 2008
Looks pretty legit at first and second sight, but I can tell it's shopped by the pixels, and I have seen quite a few shops in my life.

SmoMo

macrumors regular
Aug 20, 2011
Something...doesn't....quite add up here!

If Lewis Dorigo is wearing the ( perfectly fine imo ) mockup then WHO IS THE LEWIS DORIGO calling him in the screenshot !!!!!!

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
Did MR change IP addresses? I typed in MacRumors but my browser shows an arts and crafts project. :confused:

Aniseedvan

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2012
UK
Look, folks...the "mockup" shows what a 2.5-inch screen would look like on a wrist. Nothing more.

The concept is just a decent idea of what iOS 7 would look like on a screen of that size.

It's been an hour since the first significant claim of a 2.5-inch iWatch. There will be more exploration of what it might look like, but this is a start.

With the greatest respect, it doesn't look like a "decent" idea. I look to MacRumours for quality articles, and I'm afraid this is possibly the worst one I've ever read... Sorry...

Whilst I understand the sentiments, someone should take the time to produce a more realistic mockup than using brown parcel tape... :(

sputnikv

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2009
if there was ever a device more suitable for widgets, the iwatch would be it

gibbz

macrumors 68030
May 31, 2007
Norman, OK
I'm hoping to score a front-page article. Here's a watch screen depicted on an iOS interface.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    788.9 KB · Views: 108

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination

So basically it will look like a bezel-less iPod Nano 5th generation?

Seriously WC, this is just pathetic, even in MacRumors current state of affairs.

themachugger

macrumors member
Aug 26, 2010
alright, who did Dorigo have to blow at MacRumors to get a front page link to his Blog by posting a duct tape/ink jet print of a possible iWatch?

peterdevries

macrumors 68040
Feb 22, 2008
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
I can't even get around reading some of these comments... People don't have a sense of humor anymore?

It seems you have an issue identifying humor. I don't. This news article was meant seriously as the editor above also indicated. That makes this all the more worrying, as I valued Macrumors above Appleinsider. I guess the roles are reversing..

subsonix

macrumors 68040
Feb 2, 2008
I don't get the negative comments. I don't think it's meant as a credible rumor of an actual product, but as a reference for how a 2.5" display would look on the wrist. With that, a discussion can evolve around the merits of such a product, all hypothetical of course.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
So basically it will look like a bezel-less iPod Nano 5th generation?

Seriously WC, this is just pathetic, even in MacRumors current state of affairs.

You're completely missing the point.

2.5 inches. It's the first time we've heard anything close to this large. So here's an image of a 2.5-inch "slightly rectangular" screen showing an Apple-like interface on a wrist.

And here's an idea of what Apple could do with an iOS-like interface if it had 2.5 inches to work with.

That's it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.