iOS updater - delete

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by emmatacey, Nov 15, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

Nov 15, 2012
    So I got my iphone 5 a few weeks ago and when I got it I had to port my phone number from another carrier to Verizon. I gave it a day and my number still wasn't ported so I went into the local Verizon store. The guy who started to help me listened to what I had to say and said ok. He then took my phone and saw that there was a software update. I said yes, I can do that at home which I plan to do on my time. He was like well let's see if we can get that. So he proceeds to take my phone and go through some steps of which did nothing except he added iOS Updater app. Then he hands me my phone and THEN tells me, I just started yesterday so I don't know everything. Grr. So now I have iOS app on my phone and I can't delete it! Anyone know how to get rid of it? 1. it's an app I don't want and I like to keep my phone clear of apps I don't use and 2. the dude did it without asking me and didn't know what he was doing.

Attached Files:

2. macrumors member

Sep 29, 2012
    Once you do the update to IOS 6.0.1 it will dissapear, at least mine did. That's exactly why I don't like handing my phone to anyone.
  3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Nov 15, 2012