iOS7 Hated at First Learning to Like

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Wicked1, Jun 13, 2013.

1. macrumors 68040

Apr 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    at first I hated the new look and feel, but the more and more I see it now, the more and more I am starting to like it.

I just hope it runs ok on my IP5, and I will even setup as new just so I have a fresh start as I do with every model iPhone now.
  2. macrumors 6502a

Jan 2, 2013
    United Kingdom
    I didn't hate it when it was announced. I just got a bit stunned lol.
    It's actually pretty nice when you get used to it.
  3. Cayennr, Jun 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2013

macrumors member

Feb 7, 2013
    Skopje, Macedonia
    It feels better when you actually start using it. By the way, I like your idea of fresh iOS install when a new version comes out. I have the same installation since I bought the iPhone 4, I just updated the software as they released new versions along the way. I don’t know if doing a fresh install does a significant difference in speed and reliability, because if the difference isn’t noticeable I wouldn’t bother setting up the phone all over again. Hm…
  4. macrumors 6502a

Mar 29, 2007
    LDN. UK
    After the honeymoon period ended I went back to iOS 6.1.3
    As the updated features are to be honest, basic.

And the redesign of some programs like calendar, Notes, reminders etc ... are a step back.

In my opinion, Apple is catering to market wishes.
    But loosing its simplicity.
  5. macrumors 68030

Mar 2, 2009
    I did not care for it at first but not I am REALLY starting to like it.
  6. macrumors newbie

Nov 29, 2012
    I really like the added features. I tried to switch over to a Galaxy S4, but missed the iPhone. Hopefully this new OS will help merge the two. I see a lot of similar features that drove me the Galaxy.
  7. macrumors 68000

May 14, 2011
    I was positively stunned when I first saw it. I expected a bit of an overhaul, when they showed a complete overhaul I was blown away. I've been burning through videos with hands on IOS 7 and I have never been this excited for an OS release since IOS 5. Fall can't get here fast enough unfortunately.

I was thinking of trying Android If IOS didn't show something worth staying for. I've now completely changed my mind, staying with iPhone.
  8. macrumors 6502a

Apr 21, 2013
  9. macrumors 68040

Jun 28, 2009
    Encinitas, CA
    I find that neutralizing the wallpaper helps.
  10. macrumors 6502a

Dec 8, 2009
    I agree. Just looking at it in pictures didn't really do it for me. But, using it as a whole makes it more complete. I still think that some icons need a bit of work, so hopefully with feedback they are willing to make the changes.