iOS7 Hated at First Learning to Like

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Wicked1, Jun 13, 2013.

1. macrumors 68040

Wicked1

at first I hated the new look and feel, but the more and more I see it now, the more and more I am starting to like it.

I just hope it runs ok on my IP5, and I will even setup as new just so I have a fresh start as I do with every model iPhone now.

2. macrumors 6502a

Sirious

I didn't hate it when it was announced. I just got a bit stunned lol.
    It's actually pretty nice when you get used to it.

3. Cayennr, Jun 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2013

macrumors member

It feels better when you actually start using it. By the way, I like your idea of fresh iOS install when a new version comes out. I have the same installation since I bought the iPhone 4, I just updated the software as they released new versions along the way. I don’t know if doing a fresh install does a significant difference in speed and reliability, because if the difference isn’t noticeable I wouldn’t bother setting up the phone all over again. Hm…

4. macrumors 6502a

byke

After the honeymoon period ended I went back to iOS 6.1.3
    As the updated features are to be honest, basic.

And the redesign of some programs like calendar, Notes, reminders etc ... are a step back.

In my opinion, Apple is catering to market wishes.
    But loosing its simplicity.

5. macrumors 68030

I did not care for it at first but not I am REALLY starting to like it.

6. macrumors newbie

I really like the added features. I tried to switch over to a Galaxy S4, but missed the iPhone. Hopefully this new OS will help merge the two. I see a lot of similar features that drove me the Galaxy.

7. macrumors 68000

JetBlack7

I was positively stunned when I first saw it. I expected a bit of an overhaul, when they showed a complete overhaul I was blown away. I've been burning through videos with hands on IOS 7 and I have never been this excited for an OS release since IOS 5. Fall can't get here fast enough unfortunately.

I was thinking of trying Android If IOS didn't show something worth staying for. I've now completely changed my mind, staying with iPhone.

8. macrumors 6502a

9. macrumors 68040

braddick

I find that neutralizing the wallpaper helps.

10. macrumors 6502a

I agree. Just looking at it in pictures didn't really do it for me. But, using it as a whole makes it more complete. I still think that some icons need a bit of work, so hopefully with feedback they are willing to make the changes.