iOS7 is the slowest operating system I've ever used.

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Spooner83, Aug 19, 2013.

1. macrumors regular

Spooner83

I installed it earlier & I want to downgrade to iOS 6. Simple texting cn't keep up with my texting speed like iOS 6 can, & also navigating through my iPhone & closing out multitask apps in the menu. It lags! The speed cant keep up with iOS 6. I'm slowly moving toward Android. iOS7 looks like Android & I feel like its helping me get use to Android, not stay with Apple. I mean the speed of everyday navigating through my iPhone is horrible on iOS7. Why is Apple failing at so many things lately? I know it's still in Beta but cmon, speed is a fix that they can solve in a day. It's already close to the Golden Master release. They shouldve fixed this by now. This is so frustrating. I already miss iOS6.

2. macrumors P6

MacDawg

What phone are you using?

3. macrumors 601

You said you know it's a beta, but the rest of your post contradicts that.

4. thread starter macrumors regular

Spooner83

iPhone 5 64GB.

5. macrumors 65816

ionjohn

It's a beta you're not even supposed to try so walk out boy

6. macrumors regular

Stupotpot

That's what I have and it works a dream. Sounds like you may want todo a fresh install? I've always OTA'd but this May speed things up.

7. macrumors 6502

You're having a way different experience than me. My iPhone 5 on iOS 7 destroys my gf's iPhone 5 on iOS 6. Try a restore.

8. macrumors regular

Stupotpot

How do you know he isn't a developer??

9. macrumors 68000

MozMan68

That's YOUR experience...and probably because you didn't do the proper beta loading sequence. Runs PERFECTLY on my iPhone with zero lag.....iPad 2 is a different story. :rolleyes: Still smooth, but apps crash on occasion and lock up the device. No such issues on my phone though. Love it.

10. macrumors regular

sik08amg

Clean restore with iCloud backup of b6 will kill 99% of the problems. Can't say I've even had a glitch since the latest update.

11. macrumors 68040

VSMacOne

I call crap. You posted the same thing after installing iOS6. Since you've decided to move to Samsung is this thread supposed to be your parting gift?

12. macrumors newbie

All of the betas up until now was slow. Which is why I chose to delete it from my iPhone 5.

So, I will probably download the Grand Master.

13. macrumors 603

If he were a developer he'd know it's a beta...

14. thread starter macrumors regular

Spooner83

I'm a developer for a firm. I did a fresh install. iOS7 lags. I want it to be fast but it cant keep up with a fast texting speed. Now I'm stuck with this operating system until I can find a downgrade firmware. Damn.

15. macrumors 6502a

Ok... Then downgrade and wait until iOS 7 is released to the public in September.

16. thread starter macrumors regular

Spooner83

I didn't post to be made fun of, I posted to make an issue aware that needs fixing. I'm not mad. Just frustrated that they take forever to fix little things. Remember iOS 6 beta & how Apple Maps was horrible but they released it to the public with it being that horrible? I bet they release this one with it being slow.

17. macrumors 65816

nooaah

If you were a competent developer you'd know how to downgrade. You haven't even stated if you did a clean install or upgrade from an older OS. I don't trust you.

18. macrumors P6

Intell

Have you used iOS 4.0 on an iPhone 3G?

19. macrumors 601

Armen

Troll much?

20. macrumors 601

You need to report the problem to Apple, not to MR. Nobody on here can fix the issue.

21. macrumors 68040

VSMacOne

There's nothing to fix. This is not a released product. How hard is this to understand?

22. macrumors 6502

It's almost out of beta. Shouldn't have too many problems. I'm pretty tired of the "beta excuse" when it's only a few weeks out from being deployed. Oh well. Keep saying it. We don't really need to acknowledge anything is wrong. :rolleyes:

23. venetian-glass, Aug 19, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2013

macrumors newbie

It's almost out of beta? Uh oh.

24. macrumors regular

He's right in all respects.

Don't fool yourselves that iOS 7 actually runs faster than iOS 6. I had to restore back to 6.1.4 temporarily and immediately noticed that my phone responded faster , and this is coming from me using beta 6 WHICH is supposed to be the LAST beta.

Don't believe me? Go back to 6.1.4/6.1.3 and try it. There is a difference regardless if you want to notice it or not.

25. macrumors 6502

Obviously there is something to be fixed. Maybe he isn't a developer and wants a developer here to report it. You basically contradict yourself though when you say there's nothing to fix, but that it's not a released product yet.....It's not released because there's things to fix.