ios7's effects use the gpu and cpu, so your battery will always be shorter.

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Zellio, Sep 22, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502a

Feb 7, 2012
    Give it up, the new special effects are using your gpu a lot more then ios did before and as such your battery will drain faster. There is no fix (Unless they allow graphical modifications, but this is Apple... :rolleyes: ).
  2. macrumors newbie

Aug 1, 2013
    Lol these posts are a mixture of condescending and hopeless.....
  3. macrumors newbie

May 10, 2008
    I posted this in another thread about load averages:

So I've been wondering if the battery drain in iOS 7 is related to a high CPU usage. I used SysStatsLite to monitor the "load averages" of the CPU and "CPU usage" for both iOS versions after a clean install. I switched off most battery draining functions, such as Parallax.

I don't have a picture for this but generally the CPU usage is "normal" for both iOSes when idling. Both use roughly 3 percent of CPU.

However the load averages are drastically different. With iOS 6.1.4, it's about 0.05 to 0.30, but for iOS 7 it's about 0.80 to 1.50.

I'm interested in seeing your load averages. If have some time on your hands could you install SysStatsLite or a similar tool and report back?

Thanks guys!

Obviously this could be due to all the new features and animations :(
  4. macrumors regular

Aug 3, 2013
    Well my battery life is better then it ever was with ios 6. You don't spend a whole lot of time on the homepages anyway.