Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

madmad

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2015
press "backup now" again when it said "backup cannot be completed".

repeat until it can be completed.

i couldn't do any icloud backup when i was using ios 9.0 public betas. the progress bar didn't even move.

but backup is ok when i am using 9.1 PB 1 and 2.

SDAVE

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 16, 2007
Nowhere
it shows 0kb for phone backup but it backs up photos etc without a problem.

When I hit delete phone backup it wont let me so i can start over.

Yun0

macrumors 68000
Jun 12, 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
on this page in the screenshot, wait for a dozen or so seconds till next backup size has a size displayed & not 0 bytes & the spinning icon goes away, then & only then will or should it let u delete the backup, then turn on backup again & it should make a new backup

this works for me every time icloud gets the issue of not backing up or not deleting backups, including in all the ios 9 betas when icloud was having problems

Attachments

• IMG_5195.PNG
    IMG_5195.PNG
    166 KB · Views: 101

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
it shows 0kb for phone backup but it backs up photos etc without a problem.

When I hit delete phone backup it wont let me so i can start over.
I get the next backup 0 bytes too but it seems to be backing up. iOS 9 beta had issues bit 9.1 seems to be working other then the next reported backup size. If you have Windows PC you can run the iCloud control panel and delete the old iOS 9 beta backups that were hosed from there. That worked for me with the betas.

[Edit] Well Yun0 good tip. I waited for maybe 30 seconds or more and the next backup size actually populated with something other than zero. Its always been almost instant in the past. Didn't try to delete a backup as I don't need to anymore.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.