iP4 issues with iOS7?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Chatter, Sep 22, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502

All,
    I upgraded to iOS7 on the iphone 4 and it seems great except when it comes to using the keyboard - for unlocking, texts, emails etc. It takes forever to get the keyboard touch input to work. Everything else is fine. Anyone else have this issue? Suggestions?

2. macrumors member

iPhone4 is just old tech now

Make sure your BlueTooth is off. My iP4 is laggy. For example, after touching the Message icon, it can take 2 - 4 sec before I get to the Message screen.

Increase your contrast so that the the graphics are easier on the processor. I also choose bold on the font.

Stop some of the back ground processes.

I basically had to go to youtube and look at the iOS7 tips to see what people were recommending. Filter the youtube search for the past week.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you! Will look now.

4. macrumors member

I find it works just as well as iOS 6.

5. thread starter macrumors 6502

I may need to downgrade then coz this isnt working well. Once I get my 5S, this goes on CL. Thanks.

6. macrumors newbie

fix iphone 4 key lag

Try this:
    go to settings > icloud and turn off 'documents and data'

This fixed my key lag (which was horrible)

7. macrumors member

Try turning off background updates and things like that? Sure it's more for the battery but it never hurt.

8. macrumors 6502

AbeFrohman

Had all sorts of issues with iOS7 on my 4. Laggy keyboard was bad enough, but then it wouldn't recognize the letters I, L and M in portrait mode. They worked in landscape. It's as though a portion of the screen was dead. Swipes that originated from that particular vertical section were unrecognized. Very odd.

Downgraded back to 6.1.3