iPad 1 continually reboots, but only using AC adapter

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by millar876, Feb 3, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502a

millar876

Im having problems with my original 32GB Wifi iPad. When i have it plugged in to the 10W AC adapter it continually reboots only showing the apple logo for a few seconds before blanking and then displaying it again. it never gets to the "swipe to unlock" screen. using the AC adapter i can get it into DFU mode saying "connect to iTunes" but as soon as i unplug, off it goes, no response from home or power button. When i plug it into my iMac, i also get squat. no indications of life, it wont even go into the boot loop or attempt to start up. ive tried it in every usb port whilst being the only USB device. Nothing. Help please, this iPad is the last thread of sanity my wife and i have whilst staying in hospital with our 17 month old daughter who is receiving cancer treatment after being diagnosed with neuroblastoma 1 month ago.

2. macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

I hate to say this, but your battery may be dying. That's how my recent 3GS was acting until the battery just gave out.

I was charging it to give it to my sister-in-law, but it wouldn't hold a charge. Then a few days after she had been using it, the battery expanded and broke the back casing.

Apple charges $249 USD for an out of warranty replacement on the iPad and iPad 2. You could probably find a 16 GB for less.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

millar876

I think, im saving for a newer iPad. Weather its a mini or full size im not sure. admittedly it would be lovely to get a brand new 32GB iPad 4, but with the current family situation, its going to take a long time to get that much money together

4. macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

I hear ya. Have you thought about taking to an Apple Store and having them check it out?