iPad 1 won't connect to iTunes/App Store since some hours

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Habakuk, Sep 20, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502a

All okay so far w iOS 6 on my iPhone 4 and iPad 3 (and 10.8.2 on rMBP).

But iPad 1 (which didn't get an OS update) "can't connect to iTunes" when I hit the "Updates" tab in App Store app (since iOS 6 is out for others). :confused:

There should be 22 updates for apps (according to the badge) but it just brings up an error message. Downloading normal apps (tried it with a free one) runs fine anyway. But no updates (since 18 hrs).

I even did a reboot of iPad 1: The same like before. Did they screw up iPad 1? Does the App Store's apps update function still work for anyone w iPad 1? Thx in advance for enlightenment.

2. macrumors 6502a

Trek2100

Mine is doing the same exact thing. It shows 22 updates on the app icon and will not connect to the iTunes store however, the iTunes app works fine as well as everything else within the "app' software. After syncing manually with my iMac the count dropped to 8 but still will not connect over WiFi.

3. macrumors 68030

fhall1

Go into settings and turn off the auto date/time and set it manually to 1 or 2 years ahead (2013). Then go to the app store and try to do the updates - you should get a security warning. Close the warning box, go back to settings and set the date to the proper year (or turn on auto again). Then go back to the app store and try updates again.

This worked for me on my iPhone 3GS when it was giving me the same "can't connect to itunes store" error on trying to update apps, but everything else network related worked fine.

4. thread starter macrumors 6502a

^ Thanks for the hint. But after 50 hrs it healed itself from alone. I did nothing and updates are working now.