iPad 10W power on iPhone = a bit longer battery life?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by hh83917, May 2, 2010.

1. macrumors 6502

Jun 30, 2005
    I'm not sure if this is right but I've fully charged my iPhone 3GS last night with the 10W charger/cable included in the iPad 3G I've received a few days ago. And since last night I unplugged it, brush, went to bed and woke up at 1pm this afternoon... (oh comeon, it's Sunday:p), made 2 unanswered phone calls, and open up a few Apps, the battery stays at 100% (now 2:50pm).

My iPhone 3GS is from last year when it first came out, so the battery doesn't usually last as long as a brand new phone. And usually when I have it fully charged at night on my Mac or with the iPhone mini power adapter, it drops to 99% or 98% when I wake up from bed in the morning.

So I was just wondering if there is really any reality in using the 10W iPad adapter making the iPhone charge "fuller" than the lower powered adapter...:confused:
  2. macrumors Core

Jul 24, 2006
    The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
    Nope. Battery capacity is a function of the battery, not the charger.
  3. macrumors demi-god

Jul 24, 2009
    Maybe your standard charger plus your charge times where off. Leaving my phone at 100% for a few hours helps make it last longer.
  4. macrumors 68020

Mar 24, 2010
    The size of the battery factors into how fast it drains. Bigger battery = Slower drain