iPad 2 case fits iPad 3 but not lock/unlock feature?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by keogh, Mar 16, 2012.

1. macrumors member

keogh

Howdy all,

My iPad 3 64GB wifi turned up today, and I instantly took my ion carbon cover of my iPad 2 and put it on my iPad 3 expecting it not to fit, but it does.

Now it does not fit perfect, but it certainly is good enough until more iPad 3 covers come to the market. However, I have one issue that I don't really understand.

The iPad cover lock/unlock option that should appear in the Settings > General menu doesn't appear with this cover? I feel the magnet attaching to my iPad and it feels secure, but whatever I do I cannot get this option to appear in the settings? Any ideas?

I'm sure that this option appears when the iPad feels the magnet attach, well as I say, it certainly is attaching as I feel it pull towards the iPad.

Any help appreciated!

ta

2. macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

The magnets aren't in the same place reportedly. It's been discussed in recent minutes.

3. thread starter macrumors member

keogh

Really, well must be in close proximity as I feel it pull when I close the case. I'll keep an eye on other threads and see if I can get a solution! ta

4. macrumors member

Pleasantly surprised that my Choiix wake up folio for ipad 2 not only fits(just) but also works with the sleep/wake function! :)

5. macrumors member

I have this issue on my Sena Florence case. The magnet seems to be slightly out of position and does not activate the sleep/wake sensor. The two magnets on the corners to hold it closed work just fine.

Some other folio style cases with larger magnets near the sleep/wake sensor seem to work on both the iPad2 and the new iPad.

6. macrumors newbie

I have the same case and will be returning it. The sensor has been moved just below the volume button.

7. macrumors 65816

Mark Booth

One vendor is claiming that Apple has changed the polarity of the magnetic sensor in the new iPad. Very interesting.

Mark

8. macrumors newbie

I hope you are right! I sold my choiix case with my ipad 2 and just re-ordered a new one based on your post.

Is it still working well for you?

Any issues with it popping out or scratching the ipad?

Thanks!

9. macrumors newbie

Choiix Wake up Folio for ipad 2 works!

Thanks for the advice!